Vampyr - From the Remember Me devs

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2015/01/20/new-rpg-vampyr-in-development-at-dontnod-entertainment-set-after-world-war-one/

Post-WWI Spanish Flu vampire action roleplaying game.

Could be good. It’s an often unexplored time setting, tbh. With great art, so I foresee some German expresionism influence in the production design (or some more obvious German expressionism, since the default hollywood-inspired art style in games already has a lot of expressionism in its genes).

It’s not every day you see a Spanish flu era game. The concept has potential.

I thought that said Spanish Fly vampire action roleplaying game. And for a moment, I could not decide if that was awesome or awful. Anyway, I bet I’ll give this one a shake just on the strength of Remember Me, which is another game I mostly appreciated for its setting.

Who clicked on this expecting a Vampyrremake?

I loved Remember Me, but I’ll need to see more of this. As I recall Dontnod had some financial issues (unfortunate, as Remember Me was an under-appreciated game, IMHO), so the development and Art might not be up to the same level.

They do have episode 1 of Life is Strange launching on Jan 30th.

Yeah, I really liked Remember Me, I hope Life is Strange and this turn out well and make them some cash.

Zombies, modern combat shooters and post-WW1 Spanish Flu vampires are sooo played out.

A couple new bits of info. Despite Life is Strange’s success, Vampyr will not be an episodic release.

Releasing an episodic title was an interesting experience for us. It created a bridge between players and developers that persisted throughout the development process. It allowed us to react to player feedback quickly and improve the content of the game as it progressed. The format fits well when the game was written like a TV show from the start.

In contrast, Vampyr is a full game production. We’ve always known that we wanted open level design with a large amount of possibilities in term of actions and consequences–it had to be developed as a traditional game.

Plus, the devs say the art design for the game is inspired by Phil Hale’s paintings.

I picked up some malware attempts on my PC going to that philhale link.

I wasn’t sold on this after Remember Me - or at least what I heard about Remember Me - but Life is Strange was pretty awesome and I love the premise so maybe I’ll end up picking it up after all.

Reading about Vampyr after getting soulcrushed by Life is Strange feels a bit like George Costanza going to the café after Susan’s death.

I liked Remember Me quite a bit, though not many people seem to share that opinion. Just kind of a sucker for cyberpunk stuff, I guess. I totally intend to get to Life is Strange as well now that it’s complete. And while I don’t consider myself much of a fan of vampires, this does sound pretty interesting, and I do like historical settings as in the AC games, so these guys are really hitting 'em out of the park as far as I’m concerned.

I didn’t realize this is coming out this year!

Alright article over on Polygon.

Also the game has a website now!

Here’s the E3 trailer:

I do like what I just saw, where is my like button!

It’s at youtube.com, where people desperately care about that type of thing.

Hmm. DONTNOD doesn’t do combat.

Hoping for Masquerade and not Zombie Apocolpyse. Still a must buy from me b/c of LiS but I’m expecting another Remember Me.

I liked Remember Me so I’d be okay with that.