Vampyr - From the Remember Me devs

That’s interesting. I don’t recall if I had that option.

Yeah I looked that one up after learning my lesson with Dorothy. Still, I really dig this no-load system. Best way to actually roleplay and roll with the punches.

This one is fairer than Dorothy though. You don’t have any context to understand what the charm option can do in the Whitechapel choice, but thourough investigation will give you the justification for the choice in East End, and unlike Dorothy, trusting someone who’s dining on human flesh as opposed to operating a free clinic feels super dicey. The rest is also similarly fair.

It’s a shame Whitechapel taints the rest of the choices.

The scalpel seems like one of the best weapons I’ve tried so far - I think I have it at rank 4 and it draws 25 blood per hit, which is fantastic if you like to cast Shadow Mist or other abilities often. I’ve completely stopped using stun weapons and even specced out of all bite perks I had (hunger mainly) because I stopped using it. I don’t know what to do with the Hacksaw though - extra blood drain per hit is very nice but having some more damage could also be useful.

Finished as well. Can’t really say much except to echo @Belisarius’s words written above. Very solid game with mature writing and clear design goals, which I think were all met in the end. There’s not much I can fault the game for, except maybe at times shoddy hitboxes, lack of weapon variety and no fast travel. I really hope DONTOD eventually makes a sequel - I think they’ve done a fantastic job establishing the universe and it would be a shame to see it go to waste.

Has anyone watered the plant yet? I am into chapter 3 and still no way of doing so. :D

I found some water in Chapter 5 I think. Once you unlock access to West End you’ll be able to find it somewhere.

Oh, DONTNOD, you scamps!

Finished up chapter 3, damn that was fantastic.

This game is slowly nudging its way to my absolute favorite of the entire year.

I’m struggling mightily at Chapter 3’s boss fight. Hmm - how badly do I need blood? :)

Yeah I was glad I had a shit ton of stamina for dodging, but I like to shadow dodge around the map anyway, so it was just good luck. :)

Is it Mary? I had about 7-8k banked XP at that point and I actually had to go and level up. Protip - bottom branch of Hemophage (?) (the healing spell) is about 3x better than the top branch. I was using top for a long time and was frankly shocked once I made the switch.

Other than that, my strategy was Shadow Mist spam and scalpel hits to drain the blood. And move constantly so you don’t get hit by ground effects.

I haven’t embraced anyone in the entire game so it’s definitely possible to comfortably finish all the content this way, as long as you do most of the side quests.

More than 450k copies sold in first month.

Indeed, just a week after it was launched, Vampyr was the bestselling game in France, the UK, Germany and a host of other countries. More than 450,000 copies of the game have already been sold in the month since its release.

Just started chapter 5, finished up the last side quest I had, which was for Charlotte’s friend. It didn’t end as I thought it would, which was a nice change for once.

Just finished the game earlier today - had a great time overall but there are some edges that become more apparent (and annoying) the more you play it.

For me the biggest issue is that you can get into a really weird pacing problem if you keep talking to all the citizens to try to find out their back stories in the later chapters. I guess to a certain extent all RPGs suffer from this but the narrative pace of Vampyr is pretty brisk so the slowdown feels more awkward than most other games I can recall.

I would say it’s a solid B+ effort overall - well worth the playthrough. Hope they make a sequel!

I also managed to clear the game w/o killing anyone at Level 25 (I was near the 26 border) and found the battles a lot easier after I respecced. All I can say is Claw is OP and is probably essential for a low/no-kill walkthrough.

Just finished chapter 5, so is it just me or does the pacing of the events seem a bit off later in game. I feel like I made 4 huge choices, some of which could have used more lead-in time / story build up, all in the last 2 hours.

Still enjoying it though. :)

Just finished it tonight, I agree with this assessment. I pretty much had chapters 5/6/7 all tossed at me in a row, since I had done all the side quest stuff before starting chapter 5. So the opposite of what happened to you, but the same weird pacing problem. :)

Overall I enjoyed the game, and its probably will be in my top 10 list for this year. Alright story, so-so combat, wish map traversal was more fun, like when you were zooming across rooftops earlier in game.

My ending:

I ended up heading to America with Elizabeth in search of a cure for her, I guess this was the best ending having killed no one in the game.

Story Mode and Hard Mode difficulties coming later this summer. The former reduces combat while the latter cranks it up.

Wish this game had story mode when it was released, I would have preferred it.

Hard mode or bust.