Vampyr - From the Remember Me devs

I really wish they’d been able to release for the 3-day weekend.

Yet… 4 more days to wait.

Package just arrived with PC version of Vampyr in it. Apparently it will unlock here at midnight, shame. Friend of mine who reviews games for a local game site already finished it and said he is satisfied with the game. Didn’t say more because of the embargo. But I think I will like it :)

I will try to stream this tonight when I get home.

I won’t say more than this until then, but… I was wrong.

Tom says your wrong all the time @Jason_McMaster. ;)

Developers have a AMA going on Reddit.

He’s wrong about me being wrong. Typical Tom.

However, this game took me by complete surprise.

I’ve maintained my hype for a year now. :)

Gonna be a great week/weekend between playing this and Martyr.

Watching the hero suckle on some sweaty hobo dude’s neck turned me completely off this game.

No idea if the rest of the game can make up for that.

Somebody bring in the sparkle-magic vampires that leech life from ten feet away or something.

I’m weirdly ambivalent about games like this… instead of scarfing them down i like to enjoy them at the right time. I think Amazon isn’t going to delivery until Tuesday but i might not play until much later. I’m pretty excited for another DONTNOD game but otoh don’t want to build it up too high.

Welp - I decided to impulse buy this after seeing that Bestbuy is offering a $10 giftcard with the purchase, which brings the game down to $38 for those of you who have GCU. Hope it surprises! I know nothing about this game except for a quick 10min preview that I watched yesterday night.

Spoilers - it’s about vampires.

I know! I’m sorry. That plot point was skillfully hidden away in the title. Truly I am the monster.

Vampyrs

Might have to watch your stream then because this game just doesn’t sound interesting. I’d like to support these guys though. I like what they do generally speaking.

I definitively think it sounds interesting, on paper, but every time I watch gameplay I’m sort of “meh” on it. I’m hoping to catch some reviews and see how folks are taking to it as a whole.

I’m just not really a vampire guy, is all. If it were anything else I’d probably be a bit more into it. But like I said, I like Dontnod, so I’m open to being convinced.

Yeah, I’m with you on that. Vampires, Pirates. I don’t get the appeal of either. I know you get Pirates though.

Still, I was able to enjoy Interview with a Vampire despite that, so maybe I’ll like Vampyr, who knows.

Vampires vs Pirates vs Ninjas. You know you want that.

The one thing that worries me is that it will be 90% Remember Me (flashy, stylish, very average) and 10% Life is Strange (thoughtful, stylish, emotional, better than it should be) because the project started before LiS - LiS was in fact just an interim project that turned out to be bigger than they had expected.

It’s funny that I’d originally typed Ninjas in that list, then decided, no wait, I get the appeal of Ninjas.

I’m ok with pirates, I’m not a super fan or anything. So bottom of my list is probably vampires, somewhere in the middle would be ninjas and pirates. Up near the top would be samurai and cowboys, because they’re awesome. But sitting at the tippy top would be space marines. Because, I mean space marines. Baldness optional.