Van Helsing (extra characters added to make this long enough)

Not sure if anyone else is watching this, considering that I can’t find an existing thread. It’s a post-apocalyptic vampire show, where vampires take over the world and the survivors are eking it out. The premise is that Vanessa Van Helsing is some quasi-vampire, where when she bites a vampire they turn human again. Anyone she cures can’t be turned again. Add some drama where she’s looking for her daughter.

I’m enjoying this new season. It feels a little bit deeper than previous ones, and the sets feel a lot less set-like, probably because they are mostly in rural areas. Although there’s a plot twist happening that could turn out to be a lemon.

If you’re looking for a good sci-fi/fantasy show, this is pretty good and I recommend it.

Oh! I watched the first season and thought it was pretty decent. I thought most of the supporting cast was mediocre, but I really liked the woman playing Vanessa. I had no clue the second season was starting. Now that I think about it, I only ever watched this on Netflix. I guess I’ll wait for it to show up there again. I just checked, and it’s nowhere to be found.

What network is it on? You could add that to the title because I have zero idea where to find this to watch it.

Its SyFy. I watched the first few episodes of the first season and it just did not work for me. The acting was pretty sub par as well and that certainly influenced me. If it actually gets better I may have to give it a second chance.

How this got a fourth season is beyond me. I hoped it would wrap up at three but no such luck.

I speed watched a few episodes of season 5, oof not a pretty sight.

This one should have ended with season 3.

The first three seasons are pretty good. Christopher Heyerdahl (Sam) is pretty great, once his character arc starts to take off.

Seasons 4 was bad enough that I gave up, and I have no opinion on 5.

So I started this recently and just finished Season 1. I enjoyed it despite a number of flaws. It’s on Netflix these days for anyone interested.