Veep, aka, You're Not Even Your Mom's Favorite Jonah

I’ll let Deadline Hollywood explain

Reid Scott, Tim Simons and Matt Walsh have joined the cast of HBO’s comedy pilot Veep starring Julia Louis-Dreyfus. The Washington, D.C.-set project, from British comedian, writer and director Armando Iannucci, centers on former Senator Selina Meyer (Louis-Dreyfus) who becomes Vice President. Former My Boys co-star Scott will play Dan Egan, a DC legend. Simons will play Jonah who works in the President’s office, and Walsh will play Mike, Meyer’s spokesman. The trio join previously cast Anna Chlumsky.

God, yes, please let this happen.

I wonder if Anna Chlumsky is reprising her role from In the Loop.

HBO’s given the series the green light!

Filming begins this year; premieres next year!!!

(And, yes, Anna Chlumsky is in!)

Damn it, now I have to get HBO somehow.

It wasn’t much, but this finally got a brief teaser tonight. It begins its run in April with Game of Thrones and Girls.

Hmmmmm.

I wonder if I can add HBO to a basic cable package without having to upgrade to digital cable and then just use HBO Go?

Wait - does this mean an even longer wait for Season 4 of The Thick of It…?!

Trailer!
http://youtu.be/soJggb_jDL8

Looks like fun. I loved In the Loop, and this looks like it has some of the same flavor. At this point, I find myself second guessing the Julia Louis-Dreyfus casting choice, but we’ll see. Shame about it being on HBO; that will make it hard for a cord-cutter like myself to see it.

Allow me to pop a jaunty little bonnet on your preview and ram it up your shitter with a lubricated horse cock!

Looks like Louis-Dreyfus’s the choice. Good move by the HBO?

The reviews are coming in. Positive, but it sounds like a more comedic/zany tone in the first episodes, compared to The Thick of It.

What, no love?

“I’m in a room with three people and a fuck ton of kiesh.”

That felt like classic Thick of It at times.

WTF is kiesh?

If serious, of course he meant quiche.

I thought it was great (after a slow start). Definitely hit the In The Loop / Thick of it vibe.

Hoisted by our own retard.

Line of the century.

Needs more Scottish wolf.

-Tom

This was chronically mediocre and unexpectedly trite.

Girls is so, so much better.

He was playing the bagpipes.

“Weapons-grade retard” was my fave.

And, Alex? Don’t ever change.