Virtual reality: to boldly game like we never gamed before...

I have no idea what steps are necessary. :) All I’ve read elsewhere is to reset your Experimental settings and reboot Quest. But that alone didn’t work for me.

So the steps I listed above are just what I recall doing in an effort to get it working, and for me it did - after that second reboot I had ‘Air Link’ there in the Quest experimental features.

By ‘enable Air Link on desktop’ I mean switch it on in the desktop Oculus software, in the ‘settings/beta’ section.

Thanks! I’ll take a look at this later today! :-)

Ok, I’ve done that. Sorry Brian! ;)

Of course, you’re not on there for season 3 yet…

It was pretty cool, I like how it has its own set of unlocks to stock the shop. Sure it’s all the same stuff as the main game, but still.

But man my arm gets even sorer playing Siege than it does playing the base game! Geez. :D

It didn’t work for me. :/

Same here: V28 on the PC, but still V27 on the Quest and no sign of the update being available. Patience, patience.

Omg I tried siege yesterday and my arm was SO SORE by the time it was done.

Yeah me neither. I guess it’s being rolled out to different folks at different times. I’m wary of resetting my experimental features since we’re using the multiple accounts thingy.

This actually worked for me!

What is…adb…?

It’s like a console/dos command for Android. You need the adb drivers/utility… or Sidequest. Sidequest has a button to execude adb commands.

https://i.imgur.com/pECF7bG.png

Is this the one?

Yes. Oh, you still didn’t have it? You need the headset with developer mode enabled and install the adb drivers
https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/package/oculus-adb-drivers/

There’s plenty of reports that doing that doesn’t always work, so you might just want to wait for the roll out to happen.

Yeah I don’t feel comfortable with this command line stuff at all, always worried I’m gonna break something. I’ll just be patient. Barely.

Update v28 and Air Link unlocked for me. Very impressed so far - none of the swimminess that I get with the physical Link cable and if anything it seems smoother/sharper than VD. Plus having the pinned desktop in-game is fantastic. Haven’t had a chance to try out MSFS yet, which of course is the real litmus test, because I’m pretty sure I’ll have to do the registry hack again to point it at the right runtime. But at the moment I can’t see any reason to go back to VD. It’s certainly a lot less hassle to be able to do everything from within the one UI.

Well, that’s disappointing. MSFS was indeed a good litmus test. Performance out of the box was definitely worse, or at least much more flickery/stuttery, than VD. And the swimminess was back in the Oculus menu - it seems the game is sucking too many resources for the Oculus client to run properly, and maybe that’s affecting Air Link too? It seemed to settle down a little after a few minutes’ flying but never got as smooth as VD. Hopefully with some fiddling I can get it working nicely.

I’ve killed him once and have not seen the REDACTED arrows. I hate that you have to kill him, what, 6 times, to unlock the next levels. Just spent way too much time with having to just go through the first area so much.

VD consumes more resources for me than Link/AirLink, and I say that after checking the framerate in games.

It may well do, so perhaps it’s more about prioritisation. It reminds me a little of the issue MSFS has/had where sometimes it would run like dogshit when in focus but fine when the game didn’t have focus, though it manifests very differently. All I know is I’ve never had an issue with the VD app during MSFS the way I do with the Oculus system menu when running on Air Link, or even to a lesser degree physical Link. But I’ll play with the settings some more when I have time, hopefully it’s fixable, as plenty of people are reporting it running fine on the MSFS forums.

For whatever reason, it’s working OK in MSFS today. Not perfect, and the Oculus system menu still runs like shit while the sim is running, but the major flickering and stuttering is gone. I tried with both ASW off and on, and it didn’t seem to make a big difference either way