Virtual reality: to boldly game like we never gamed before...

Bargain!

One of the first VR games to really nail a unique locomotion method, and from a AAA studio to boot.

Looking forward to seeing what they do with a sequel!

Yeah, it’s odd that they even have a “deals” section of the app, when every time I’ve checked it it just says “content not found”.

Just bought an Oculus Quest 2, and wow are the first impressions good!

My previous VR experience is one of those Windows Mixed Reality headsets, which wasn’t bad for the time (as they had inside-out tracking) and was cheap. I sold it two years ago for several reasons, I got eye strain very easily and it was so cumbersome to set up with cables all over the place.

I love the “pick up and play” aspect of the Quest. I don’t have to plug this into my PC, re-pair my controllers to the headset, struggle with my headphones to site nice over the headset, and so on. Hand tracking is a very cool feature.

Once I get more time, I will post my username here in case anyone wants to be my oculus friend.

It’s next to impossible to get a Quest 2 but have nothing to do with Facebook, right?

Basically.

Yeah there’s really nothing else like it. Welcome aboard!

I am so impressed that I am able to run a game on SteamVR, stick the quest on my head, select airlink, and without any more hassles I am playing a pcvr game completely wirelessly without any perceived latency or visual problems!

My username is MilpoolFam, please add me Qt3 friends!

Just grabbed Ragna Rock on the Q2 app lab today and it’s great fun! Bit pricey perhaps but the music is a million times more my style than anything on Beat Saber, and that does make a big difference. Gameplay is simpler than BS - you’re just hitting drums to make your viking ship go faster, but, yeah, the music makes it really - and also being able to race other ships alongside you including your own best time ghost. Given the heatwave here atm I’m leaving pools of perspiration everywhere…

v31 for Quest

-First up is a new “Invite to App” button that will soon be supported by a number of apps. Located in the Quest universal menu when you’re in a supported VR app, you can use it to send a pop-up invite notification to friends, people you recently played with, or in-game connections.

-Second, we’re also making it easier for you to set up multiplayer sessions outside the headset. Navigate to the Social tab in the Oculus mobile app on iOS or Android, select the VR app you’re planning a session for (you’ll be able to pick from any supported apps that you have installed), and it will generate a custom Invite Link for you.

-Messenger on Oculus also gains a few new features with v31. We’re adding Send and Read Receipts, so that it’s easier to keep track of your conversations in VR the way you would on other platforms. We’re also adding Reactions,

-A new Security Settings panel. You can set or reset an unlock pattern there (or do it in the Oculus mobile app), and then toggle whether the pattern is required to log in to your headset or access any saved passwords on your device.

-Wait, passwords? That’s right, you can now choose to save and autofill your passwords in the Browser as part of v31.
Passwords remain encrypted on the headset, and of course you can also delete any passwords you no longer want stored.

(and in addition, it seems v31 will have some fixes for Air Link)

edit: oh real change log here

That looks fun. Has anyone modded Immigrant Song in yet? :)

Also, I knew Pirate Rock was a genre (RIP Captain Bogg and Salty), but Viking Rock was a surprise for me.

Stride coming to Quest

VR sale on Humble Bundle
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/summer-vr-sale/?partner=blank

Honestly, I’m seeing the same games they had on their last sale.

Yes… Yeeeessssss… :)

Carrier Command 2 is going to have a VR version.

Moving VR games in modern headsets like the Vive Pro 2 or the G2 requires a lot of horsepower, so at least they are honest.

Well they still show this on the page as well :
so let’s hope a 3080Ti is not recommended to drive an old Vive! :D

Super news though, hinted at by the standard game’s earlier VR tagging but great to have official confirmation.

Since it’s a separate release, I hope it’s done properly and not just a hacked in laser pointer to replace a mouse.

Yuki is a game to look for if you like bullet hell shooters. It’s well crafted, with cool level design, it requires a bit more of body movement than it may seem at first (only moving your arm will get you so far) and it’s actually a roguelite (random levels, permanent progression, different classes to unlock).

I’m not very much into bullet hells in 2d games, but I’m liking it, so maybe try it and use the refund window to judge it.

Vermillion is out in Steam, Quest version is in development

[url]https://uploadvr.com/facebook-pauses-quest-2-sales-skin/[/url]
Quest 2 sales are paused for a month, it will return with the rumored 128gb version, and we have a number for the units sold in USA: 4 million*

*:a bit less, as they are including the people who bought the Fit pack accessory.

Quest 2 owners: Go here to request a free silicone face cover to replace the foam!

Voluntary recall on the foam as a small subset of users reported skin irritation from using it. The best part is you don’t need to actually ‘return’ the foam cover, so you will have a spare face cover and can choose whichever you find more comfortable.