Virtual reality: to boldly game like we never gamed before...

Of course, put a asterisk to the number, as It could include devices already manufactured (for Christmas) but still not sold.

Would-be buyers of Quest 2 should wait a bit. It seems both Best Buy and Amazon will offer $50 credit in Black Friday.

Here it’s confirmation of Amazon
https://press.aboutamazon.com/news-releases/news-release-details/amazon-announces-more-deals-ever-its-48-hour-black-friday-event
"Receive a $50 Amazon promotional credit with the purchase of Oculus Quest 2. "

I think Brian asked about the Android notifications in the new update some days ago. Try now, or if not, try to delete the app data and login again, as per

True, but though we scoff at Facebook, the fact that advertising exists means it works on plenty of people and I’m sure the average FB user and their kids are getting bombarded by ads for the Q2, I expect several million sales over the holidays.

Ohhh I hope I see it soon! Thank you!

Got a great deal for a 256 gb Quest 2 from a place called Stockx. Paid $338 shipped. Will take another week or two to get here but it’s going under the Christmas tree anyhow.

Cheap as!

Resolution games (Blaston, Demeo) announces a new game. Rocket League but with mechs?

Vault of Stars coming to Quest

Biolum is a short experience coming to PC

Oh my yes please

Yes I am a cheap ass. Lol.

Heh, in case there’s any misunderstanding there, ‘cheap as’ is a shortening of an Australian/UK idiom, and not a mis-spelling. ;)

It comes from ‘cheap as chips’ i.e. a great price!

Oh, good to know!

Question for you quest users…

Besides an Elite strap and Link cable what else should I be considering accessory wise if anything?

That’s really the two things you need the most. And I personally think the link cable is optional if you have a speedy WiFi AP at home. You might also consider the case. I think I got my case/elite strap with battery all as a bundle.

Yeah, I would certainly try out wireless before buying the Link cable. I haven’t touched wired since Air Link came out.

I saw the battery elite strap combo, that seems to be a must and is on the list. I’m wanting the link cable to take advantage of my 3080 and play with more eye candy/etc. I’d figure we would use it both ways depending on what were playing?

It’s very good, as to increase both the playtime and the comfort, but it’s pretty expensive. Still not as expensive as an Index of course :P.

But I always thought that we would have cheaper Chinese knockoffs, and while there are a ton of unofficial straps, I don’t see anything with included battery, well integrated like the official one.

That may end up being the best solution if you don’t have a good WiFi environment but just try Air Link first. It actually performs better than the cable for me. And, you know, it’s free and you don’t have a cable plugged in.

Hmm I admittedly need to do more research. Thanks for the tips everyone.

What about vr with glasses? Use the spacers it comes with or are there better ones? I’d consider prescription inserts but wanna make sure we like it before going that route. Kid and I both wear them.