Virtual reality: to boldly game like we never gamed before...

No confirmation of ASW yet, or whether you can do the (not the app) virtual desktop using it. Still, we’ll find out soon enough. FAQ suggests the max bitrate is 100mbs (which I assume means Mb/s) for AMD and 200mbs for Nvidia.

“To disable Air Link and go back to using Link with a USB-C cable, you’ll need to disable Air Link from the Experimental panel.”

Hahahaahha yeah no, I’ll stick with VD for the time being thank you.

?
It’s hardly a huge hassle. Certainly compared to, say, switching between VD and normal Link in MSFS. Do you expect to be switching back and forth between the two anyway. Either it works well, and you’ll stick with it, or it doesn’t, and you’ll stick with Link/VD.

It’s just funny that I have to turn this off to use the physical link cable.

It’s weird yeah, you would think it’s easy to detect if the physical cable is connected or not.

You have to manually enable normal Link as well. And indeed in my case I have to restart my computer every time I unplug the cable to get it to work again. So I’m not surprised they’re putting in manual toggles rather than relying on automatic switching.

But that makes sense because sometimes you connect the cable to charge the battery or to use Sidequest/develop with the device.
Couldn’t they turn off air link automatically when you manually enable normal Link?

Where is the faq? I don’t see it.

https://support.oculus.com/airlink?intern_source=blog&intern_content=introducing-oculus-air-link-a-wireless-way-to-play-pc-vr-games-on-oculus-quest-2-plus-infinite-office-updates-support-for-120-hz-on-quest-2-and-more

VR Desktop is a one-man shop I think. I’m impressed with how he has managed his product and I’m sure he’ll land on his feet. But he does have some pretty pointed things to say about how Oculus treats their development community:

Huh, interesting read. VD is great and I hope it continues to evolve.

Dude, I’m pretty sure they have creams and other treatments available now.

MAde me think of this.

Goddam I miss Craig Ferguson.

Side note, I didn’t get to see him when he was on, so I’ve recently dived down the rabbit hole of seeing clips via that channel, which has a ton of them, and I’m having a lovely time.

Right there with you brother! I rarely caught him when he was actually on due to the late time slot, but I’ve watched many, many, many hours of him on the YouTube.

WONDER TWIN POWERS ACTIVATE

This looks like it could be quite good…

It was leaked months ago, but here it is: