Virtual reality: to boldly game like we never gamed before...

Surprise collaboration in Walkabout Minigolf!

What a weird collaboration. Would have much preferred a Dark Crystal course if they were picking a Henson product!

I’m so in for that. It would be amazing if they got the soundtrack, but I doubt it.

There’s an argument to be made that while Dark Crystal has tons of atmosphere, Labyrinth provides a hell of a lot more moving parts to do cool “hit it through the clown’s mouth” type minigolf.

Sold. Day one.

I mean they could base a new course on just about anything and I’d be buying it. The game just works so damn well.

Super fun idea, I’m in for sure. I noticed that their last course, Sweetopia or Sweetland or whatever, has smooth poly edges for the most part, giving it a more modern feel than their previous work. I wonder if they’re going to start angling towards more ‘realistic’ feeling courses in general.

That’s awesome. I decided to celebrate by buying all three of the current DLC courses. Very reasonably priced. I love this game!

I’ve honestly not even played the base game, I was under the impression it was multiplayer only. I see now it can be played solo so I should pick it up.

That said, if you jump on Discord and join any of the auto-created private rooms, you can get a nice little group to play with at any hour… and to my great relief and pleasure, seems like kids either don’t use Discord, or hate minigolf… I have yet to share a game with a high octave pottymouthed pre teen yet, in over a dozen rounds. Around Christmas we were threatening to get a QT3 game off the ground but I guess we’re terrible at coordinating.

I’ve also been on the fence with this, guess I’ll pick it up.

As a quick primer, there’s a lost ball to find on every single hole of the normal courses. Find it and it’ll be unlocked for use in the future. Many are just run of the mill color changes and patterns but some are pretty cool.

On hard mode, each course has a treasure hunt which eventually unlocks a new putter based on that course’s theme.

And you can change your avatar in the game by clicking on your name at the golf stand.

I got a oculus30 code and used it (that, and my last referral credits) in Ultrawings 2. The pc version should be out this month, I believe.

Thanks Zuck for the 10 free games.

So it turned out my controller was bad and I had to ship it back for replacement. My new controller should be arriving in the next couple of days.

Jim Henson inspired mini golf is sure to be wonderful. Walkabout Mini Golf is what we play at work when we want to do something non-work together. We wish the 4 player limit was 6, but, oh well.

Speaking of Walkabout mInigolf, it’s 30% off, in case anyone still doesn’t have it.

I found a cool video showing better avatars and a doubles match being planned for Eleven table tennis! That’s neat. Guess it would be a trick to find other people you like to listen to who can all play at a similar level, I suppose. Mini golf works well at any skill level between players, whereas even in real life with friends and coworkers, a crappy player can really make the game a drag in table tennis doubles.

v38 changelog

also
https://www.oculus.com/blog/oculus-move-updates-track-your-vr-fitness-stats-and-goals-outside-your-headset/

Nock is out
https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/5157404804284116/

Cities VR footage

Finally got my controller back after it being gone for a couple of months and oh boy I really have zero stamina for Beat Saber anymore. Those new tracks are awesome, but also kick my ass.

An explainer for the new features: