VR - Is it really going to be a success? Or, thanks Time for starting a discussion!

Will definitely look into this, thanks! Though now that I think about, makes me sad that escape rooms are taking a huge hit right now, on already what must be razor thin margins. I bet a lot of them won’t survive this quarantine.

The Room VR A Dark Matter is…

It’s freaking expensive. But also it’s a quality game, this isn’t one of those indie VR games done by two guys. The graphics are very good, in particular it’s very well optimized and the image quality is superb for the Quest, super rare so see any aliasing at all. Of course the art is also good so the technical wizandry have a purpose. The scale is correct, and well, the game is basically another one in the series but more immersive and spectacular thanks to the VR perspective, and more fun to interact with things, using levers and ropes and gears with your hands. Length wise seems to be 3.5 hours, so it’s more like Room 1 or 2 than Room 3 in duration, although the quality of the puzzles in the third scene (of four ;_;) is reminding me more of the third part.

Thanks for the impressions! Considering a regular escape room costs us $60-80 for my wife & me, a high quality VR one is probably worth a the price. Especially since we can’t actually DO a regular escape room right now. Will look into this tonight probably.

they cut the clip before iceman’s bite. i consider this a personal affront

Dominic Szablewski made a thing and called it XIbalba and put it on the web for free:

https://phoboslab.org/xibalba/

It’s Mayan Doom and I love it. It’s also a free browser virtual reality app which is kind of mind bending if you think about it.

Wolf3d. It’s Mayan Wolfenstein 3d.

Gimmeh! Gimmegimmegimmegimme pleeeeeeeeease I can has?

Really doesn’t look like they upgraded the graphics at all, which is a shame, but it seems pretty functional. I would like to see HUD elements moving with your perspective though, you need to see the map, shields/energy/weapons gauge, and target at pretty much all times.

Oh yes. I mean from the description

X-Wing virtual machine recreates the original X-wing game in Unity, and will be released as a standalone engine that does not function without the original game files to load in.

So it’s literally using the original models/textures/sounds resources.

Yep. Pity. Graphics don’t age well, although the gameplay is still unparalleled. Some games improved on the moment-to-moment dogfighting, but nothing approaches the intricate mission design.

Man I would kill for an X-Wing/Tie Fighter TC for Elite Dangerous.

That would be SO fucking good!

Shadow Point is on sale

I liked it. It’s cross buy with Rift & Quest.

Thanks, been meaning to pick this up

Free VR puzzle game in Steam

I tried a ‘serious’ racing game in VR for the first time. Dirt Rally was the chosen.

It was pretty fun!

Dirt Rally is great.

For more track/street based I think my fave is Project Cars 2, in terms of amount of content, visuals, and great VR implementation. Feels better with a wheel of course. :)

If you think cars are fun, try a plane!

This afternoon I was ‘visiting’ a VR museum. I’ve seen another before, but this was better. It’s called The OmniGallery. It has 60 classic paintings, and sculptures too. I was surprised at the high quality of some of them, you could get close and see the brush strokes.

It made me wish some big company like Google or FB releases a big compilation like this for VR, with thousands of works, using really high res scans/photos (I guess museums already do that?). For example here I found that the Met released 400k works, and Google has an Art project with 50K.

edit: Oh, I found another one
https://store.steampowered.com/app/…tion_VR_Museum/ - which is paid in Steam and Free on Oculus because…reasons? - Great picture quality, polished, a gallery dedicated to Dutch painters.
Also one for Finnish painters, this was is more amateur, but hey, free

Also, I’m growing accustomed to the double-tap see-through. Super useful to unstuck the cable from the chair, take the 360 pad, turn of an alarm fro the phone that start ringing, etc.

In other news: Walking Dead Saints & Sinners 21% off deal in GMG
https://www.greenmangaming.com/es/g…nts-sinners-pc/