VR - Is it really going to be a success? Or, thanks Time for starting a discussion!

Yeah I just tried and it worked for me on the Rift S.

Sure, but there are about a million reasons someone would consider deleting their Facebook account that don’t have any parallel on Steam. Like what if Steam just randomly partnered with Twitter and said you have to maintain a Twitter account to keep Steam access?

Being part of a dedicated social network isn’t a requirement for purchasing video games people are accustomed to.

Thanks - I think I am on some beta version, and that could be it. Now to figure out how to NOT be on that beta version then.

Apart of the reasons someone could consider to delete their Facebook account, they also should think the reasons to keep it. Like for example “my bought games for this headset are tied to this account”.

It’ll be nothing but low T and hard-on med ads, because us hard core simmers are all old farts :)

I participated in this study, it was only 15 minutes of my time, and they gifted me in exchange a $15 steam game of my choice. I think they are still searching 3 more participants.

edit: it’s for Quest users.

I didn’t even know you could get onto any beta version!

Try reinstall it maybe? You probably need to uninstall from Windows Store as well as from Oculus, then install through Oculus.

While it says ‘looking for updates’, switch to the virtual desktop in case there is something there you need to attend to. I think I needed to log in with my Microsoft account.

Also try running it from Windows to make sure the non-VR version is working first.

Anyone have experience using Virtual Desktop by directly tethering their Quest to their PC by using a PC Windows 10 internet hotspot?

Last time I tried Virtual Desktop it didn’t work too well for me since my router is upstairs and my PC is downstairs, so while it gets an overall good wifi connection there’s enough interference with 5GHz to give it issues.

No but I’ve seen it recommended as an option on Reddit, preferably with a newer WiFi 6 card in the PC.

Aye, it worked fine after going back to the normal version of Minecraft.

The betaversion was through the Xbox Insider app, for the raytracing I wanted to try out, which, now that I think about, is probably why it has issues.

Oh, and woaahh - Minecraft is tough on the eyes/vertigo as well!

Yeah it has a bit of learning curve with all the ‘comfort’ options turned off, that is for sure!

This is what happens when you let your kid use your play space and move to another one near the dining room with the wooden columns and are trying to swing your sword as hard as possible playing Until you Fall. Not a great move. Possible surgery. Idiot!

OOOHHhhhhh, damn! Sorry, Petey. That sucks. Worst I ever did was scrape my too-low playroom ceiling with a knuckle.

I’ve tried wireless and wired and this is actually a strong point in favor of staying physically (and therefore mentally) tethered to the real world… it can be dangerous to commit too fully to that Other Realm!

RIP that finger

Far from the only example.

https://www.reddit.com/r/VRtoER/

So… Alien: Isolation VR.

Wow. Just… wow.

Haha yeah the Alien is pretty freaky ‘irl’ huh

I Expect You to Die sequel incoming?

. . . my feelings too. Heck, the pre-release version of Alien Isolation that was custom made for VR and used in pre-retail Oculus demos was a big part of the reason I bought into VR. Gosh, I was shocked & dismayed to discover that the dedicated VR mode never made it out of demo. The modded version was pretty damn good though.

I tried the modded VR version of Alien: Isolation and was initially floored by how effing cool it was but then a control problem stalled my progress before I even saw the titular Alien. Something about not being able to crouch or jump with a gamepad? I wonder if that ever got fixed.