VR - Is it really going to be a success? Or, thanks Time for starting a discussion!

I’m doing the same thing. After I check that there’s no email I go to the connection page to make sure. I expect that connection will get a big pile and send them all out at once. I pre-ordered on October 12 so I think there’s a decent chance I’ll get it before Christmas.

In a fit of optimism I just ordered those rechargeable batteries.

It’s arrived!

Edit:

*sigh*
I was expecting to get the USB error, as I have an X570 motherboard and I hadn’t got around to ordering a PCI-e card, and I did. I do have a powered USB-A hub, so I tried that. That got me past the USB error, but now I’m getting a 1-4 display cable error. It may still be related to the USB issue, as that powered hub can be a little flaky, but I just tried it on my laptop using the adapter and USB-C and I’m still getting the display cable error. It’s definitely seated all the way in on the headset, so I’m somewhat at a loss. I’ll try it again when the PCI-e card arrives but I may be looking at an RMA.

What’s the USB error thing?

This one, it’s a known issue with my motherboard type:

But the check display cable seems to be a completely separate issue. Hopefully, it’s “just” a defective cable/breakout box but as far as I can tell the display part of my headset is bricked or whatever signal it needs to turn on isn’t getting through. Sound comes through the cable to the speakers fine when I plug it in to my laptop, but the light doesn’t come on, it doesn’t show as a monitor in the device manager, and the WMR setup refuses to continue.

Long shots, but are you extra super sure? It was kinda tough to get in properly.

What’s your GPU? Have you tried booting with your monitor using HDMI instead of DP (or vice versa)? Booting from on-board if you have it?

I ask because mine gives the same error when I try use it after booting the PC with my HDMI TV. Rift S does not work when doing this either, Oculus say it is not supported using VR with a TV plugged in.

All pretty unlikely and probably an RMA, that really sucks. :(

I wouldn’t worry about the error code until you have it on a reliable USB connection. Having read a lot of the problem threads, the USB issue can cause some cascading errors.

That was my thought until I got the same error on my laptop, which doesn’t have the USB issue

MoH: Above and Beyond Recommended System Requirements:

• CPU : Intel i7 9700K (or comparable on AMD)
  • RAM : 16GB DDR4
  • Video Card : NVIDIA RTX 2080
  • Disk Space : 170GB

/rises an eyebrow with that disk space requirement
/rises the other eyebrow

Hmm. I also have an X570 motherboard (ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 wifi AX). I did pick up a USB-C hub recently just to give myself a little more flexibility. Is there anything else I can inexpensively do to prepare myself?

Edit: never mind I checked the thread. I think I may order that PCI-E card and return it to Amazon if I don’t need it. $26 is a small price to pay to ensure against the fury if the thing finally gets here and doesn’t work.

Is there a way to set Oculus purchases to require a password only and not a PIN? My kids guessed my PIN and bought some Rec Room tokens (fortunately only $20) because coincidentally my wife used it on their iPads and they’ve seen her access settings with it. But Apple is smart enough to require a password for purchases. Facebook…?

Google was no help on this, and I don’t see anything in the app. I’ve reset the PIN to something completely unique. I’d still prefer a lengthy password.

I’m reading there is a two step verification system option, maybe you can use that?

It’s a cold day here. I decided to boot up Pistol Whip.

…ok, now I won’t feel cold for the rest of the day.

Something I suspected long ago is that I’m not good with heights, and VR confirmed it.
In fact, coming back to Pistol Whip, they way I’m killed more in the game is those narrow corridor/platform that float on the void, that end up or a column (in a wider space) you have to avoid by going left or right. The narrow platform and the surrounding void makes me doubt and react slowly, and I always eat the freaking column at the end.

I’ve played this a bit, and can’t for the life of me figure out how to move away from the obstacles that appear right in front of you? Ive tried the first level 3 times, and there is no mention at all about how to dodge around the big pillar that appears right in front of you.

Any tips, Mr Tur?

Move your feet… ? ;)

Really though, everything is based around your head position so you can just lean to the side to dodge those pillars.

oohhhh… of course - I tried all sorts of buttons and what-not! Thanks! I like the game. It has that cool-factor not many games do have, but was sad that I was to dumb to understand how to progress :-)

Yeah there are definitely sequences where you have to (physically) dodge to the left or right or duck, or all 3 in quick succession to avoid obstacles. At higher difficulties you’ll be doing twister to avoid bullets too.

Yep, Pistol Whip is a game that benefits of having a place large enough to do two steps at every direction, not only left and right, but backwards and forwards.

Some Oculus guys shares videos of MoH. Graphics are good, ragdolls are good, sounds are good, there is survival mode with modifiers, museum too, a gauntlet, but the weapon reload seems very arcade and simplified.
https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/k87too/medal_of_honor_developer_shares_a_reddit/

Pistol Whip has a new free update. Pistol Whip 2089. This update features five new songs and a new campaign story mode.There are also some new enemy types. I only played through the first two parts. It’s pretty cool so far.