VR - Is it really going to be a success? Or, thanks Time for starting a discussion!

Finally got MS Flight Sim running in VR. Wow it’s so amazing! Just wish I could the instrument panel and stuff like that to be less blurry. Really struggling with that kind of thing across the board.

https://widmovr.com/

Project Cars 3 is pretty much the best VR driving game, if you’re looking for more game than sim.

GTA V has VR?

With this mod it does:

I have yet to try it out, but I aim to soon.

Instrument panel should be sharp as heck with the G2, @jpinard. You may have turned down settings too much with all the performance tips.

1. Set OpenXR Dev Tools back up to 100%
  2. Set VR Render Scaling in MSFS back to 100
  3. Make sure you’ve adjusted your IPD slider on the bottom of the G2

See if that gets you the full sharpness. If so, then back off each setting 10% at a time till you find the happy medium between clarity and performance.

And make sure you have the Latest Preview OpenXR Runtime selected in the Dev Tools app.

As Penny mentioned, yes - it does via a mod. Bit of setup configuration but totally worth it.

Holy shit you guys. I just plugged a Quest 2 into my PC to play Star Wars Squadrons, and it was glorious. Someday I’ll get into some actual sims (got Il-2 and DCS F/A 18 queued up), but for now just pew-pewing in a Tie Interceptor is all I need.

At some point, I’ll figure out how to make Squadrons a little sharper, but everything ran great on whatever the default settings were. Really excited to play with this some more.

Awesome! Definitely one of my favorite experiences (VR or otherwise)! I remarked to some friends of mine that “this is the Star Wars experience I’ve been waiting for for 30 years”. Akin to the first time I loaded the original x-wing.

I’ll do that. I’m starting to wonder if part of the problem is my eyes just being a bit too far from the lenses to focus well.

Hence my suggestion of WidmoVR prescription lenses. Get an optician to write a prescription for 6 foot. Use that to order widmo’s. Be awed by superb clarity (in the very middle of the FoV).

There are also 3D printed adapters for many headsets, which allow you to buy cheaper prescription lenses elsewhere - Zenni Optical is a popular one.

WidmoVR wanted $300 to make my lenses versus $120 from Zenni.

allright, cool :D

I’ve had a busy week, but I wanted to get back to you on the replacement faceplate… You mentioned glasses, and the 3D printed replacement works by moving your eyes much closer to the lenses – which wouldn’t work with glasses. (The accommodation for glasses is one reason the FOV is smaller on the G2 than some competitors.)

I’d be happy to print one of these for you if you wanted to go the Zenni lens route: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4716449

I gave up trying to wear glasses. I was getting some refraction and I was steaming up the glasses to boot. While my computer glasses made stuff farther away clearer, it made all the switches and MFD’s even harder to read than normal. So I’d definitely love the closer faceplate.

I’m getting these weird sort of light smears in the right lens of my G2. Sort of like the lens is dirty, but it isn’t. Is this something anyone else has experienced? It’s not really happening in the left one. It’s sort of annoying.

I’ve noticed the same in the right lens. Figured it was just my eyeballs.

Okay, closer faceplate will be sent! I can also print up that lens adapter if you think you might try that down the road.

How crap Half-Life Alyx is great. I’m only in the 3rd chapter. The atmosphere is amazing. The UI is slick even if I get flustered trying to reload when enemies are encroaching. I find it a little difficult aiming the pistol too. Small problems though. For me VR is the first big game changer in a long time. Sure I love games like Hades and The Last of Us, but I really can’t explain how much being in the middle of it all in VR really makes a difference for me. Now, if the Quest 2 didn’t gouge into my nose after a couple hours that would be better. Sometimes it’s my forehead, sometimes my nose. It’s hard to keep it situated just right. I wish I had some kind of gel pad or something.