VR - Is it really going to be a success? Or, thanks Time for starting a discussion!

Did you get the alternate strap…?

I didn’t because I was pressing my wife’s tolerance just getting the headset, and I knew I’d need to get some games too. It looks like Oculus has an official one, and there are a bunch of 3rd party ones.

https://www.amazon.com/Oculus-Quest-Elite-Enhanced-Support-Comfort/dp/B08F5TZW2J/ref=asc_df_B08F5TZW2J/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=459627302574&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7725258590323978171&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9019284&hvtargid=pla-956935870009&psc=1

For Quest 2, I highly recommend the elite strap. The fit pack, also, if you’re finding the default face frame thingie uncomfortable.

Please, take your time enjoying it. It’s really the only fully-polished, built-from-the-ground-up-for-VR AAA game there is right now… and honestly there aren’t any others on the horizon.

I mean, there’s tons of other titles that are just the cat’s bollox in VR, but nothing like HLA.

I’m still enjoying The Room VR a lot too. I really take my time taking in the environments when I enter a new room / area in both games.

Dabbled in Skyrim VR and being there is so cool. Game play feels pretty clunky and may get in the way of enjoying it. Maybe I’ll keep the difficulty down and mostly treat it as a fantasy tourist walking simulator. Do you mod Skyrim VR the same as regular Skyrim? Is there a good one stop shop for graphic mods?

Go to Reddit - Dive into anything, NOW

There is much you need to do in order to get Skyrim VR up to snuff. The non-modded experience only demonstrates how uninterested Bethsoft was actually doing the hard work, leaving modders to do it. Just like any Bethsoft game, actually

Update: I am loving the shit out of IL-2.

Just like the non-VR game, you’ll end up spending more time modding than playing. ;)

Look for Wabbajack mod lists. They compress all the mod work into a few hours of mostly waiting for downloads.

Here’s one example: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vnIR1zhlqT9AiyJ2qbgb6_KKmyR9b63fkNBXulO3dos/view

That’s an opiniated modlist that turns it into Dark Souls or a Roguelike. There are many others.

Thanks. I’ll check that out. I’ll probably wait until I finish my games of The Room VR and HL: Alyx so I can carve out more time. I’ll just finish the beginning area in Skyrim vanilla so I can get outdoors and see what it’s like. I think the bear in the cave is coming up soon.

The giant spider in Bleak Falls Barrow is pretty cool in VR

I played a fair bit of Skyrim VR on PSVR in early lockdown (thus unmodded and on an inferior platform). There is a lot of “wow” moments that come from the VR experience. I found just going into random caves or dungeons to be an amazing experience. Scale, positional audio, and especially scale do amazing things when dungeon crawling.

Yes! That would be fabulous. I’ll be doing everything I can to ameliorate my obstinate eyeballs.

Any chance another G2 user can get in on this action? I don’t have a printer and I heard a “whomp whomp” sound in my head when my fiance tried out the G2 the other day and reacted by saying it was like looking through binoculars. I then spent some time bouncing between PSVR and the G2 and noticed while the G2 looks much better, the PSVR is less of a porthole view. I am guessing that is because I can telescope the PSVR closer to my eyes.

What are the chances of the following might work?

• DisplayPort extension cable: 30 ft.
  • Powered USB-C extension cable: 30 ft.

For non-flight sims I need the extra space. I actually had to define my office holding the head piece right against the walls to get it to certify.

I just got my Oculus Quest 2 elite strap + battery in the mail today! First impressions are really positive - everything from the case to the build quality seems solid. Hopefully they figured out whatever was causing they to crack.

The increased comfort and convenience is immediately noticeable when I put it on, but I won’t have a chance to use it more until tonight.

If anyone is interested, you can now get G2s from the Microsoft store with a 2 day turnaround.

Hey ffriends, question. I’m finally interested in getting a VR thingy, specifically an Oculus Quest 2 with its link cable. My 2080Ti has a USB-C port on it, is this what’s intended to work with the OQ2 and its USB-C cable? Like, I’ll be able to plug it into the video card and go?

Sorry to ask but I’ve not found clear information on this. Thank you!

The USB port on the video card is irrelevant. The quest uses regular USB it’s not using a video connection at all. It’s just using USB to send a raw data, which happens to be a stream of video of the game. So you can plug it into the video card or any USB 3 port on your computer and it works the same.

The 2018 TI works great that has the latest NVENC video encoder.