Virtual reality: to boldly game like we never gamed before...

Yup, that’s exactly what I used it on. About to fire it up my own self.

My Quest 2 right-hand controller stopped working yesterday. Hilariously, the front LED on the controller started flashing in an SOS morse code pattern. I contacted Oculus support and they’re looking into it. Will report back in case this is an issue others run into. My experience with Oculus support is generally pretty good.

Well, you both can comment how it is!

I will wait my next code.

Well, maybe they did some changes on the hw detection, because there are some changes on the monthly data from Steam:

Big gains for Quest 2, even bigger than any month in the past half year. That’s… 2/3 of the total for Ocu… Meta headsets (67%). Ironic given pc vr isn’t a priority anymore for them.
Because it’s a % of the total, if Q2 gains so much, the others have to go down. The striking exception is the Vive Pro 2.

The other thing to highlight is the total, +0.21% is a good increase for a single month.

I will use this monthly post to also take a look at the best sellers games. On Steam:

After so much time with BS/Alyx/B&S/Pavlov dominating, there is new blood with Zenith and After the Fall.

For Quest, I’m looking at ratings in https://vrdb.app

That’s ordered by daily ratings, with the exception of the ‘new’, that are apps released in the last two weeks. In any case Zenith would top the list if we had real data, they have made 3700 in a few days. Although… I have to say it has been very frontloaded, it seems people interested in playing a VR mmo bought it in the first three days, and then it has dropped off sharply.
Another random thought is that you can see how right now USA is overrepresented in the Quest 2 market (marketing efforts has been squarely spent there). After the Fall, Onward, Pop One, MoH… so many FPS! :P

I’ve only done four training missions so far but it feels great.

I’m in the Supernatural Facebook group, and one post was by an Amazon warehouse employee who was saying these last couple of months so many packages were Quest 2s. Like, an insane amount.

The daily deal is Pistol Whip at 30% off

And Spacefolk City is at a historical low, 38% off

Popular Christmas gift.

That’s… one hell of diy flight stick for Ultrawings 2

https://youtu.be/LcmAlpIp3oM

(Obligatory disclaimer… I work there. Just thought this was cool and it made me slightly teary.)

That was about as creepy as could possibly be.

Good news everyone! Los Goya (Spanish Cinema awards) will be streamed from Venues
[url]OK | Oculus
…wait, what? Who asked this?
Quest penetration is pretty low in Spain in comparison with NA, so I’m not sure the point.

Do you like waifus? Click here then

Devolver publishes a new VR games, this time being a… kraken?

Peaky Blinder VR which… I understand is a popular IP in UK?

Downtown Club (commercial project of the V-Speedway free game) is looking nice:

Quake 3 Quest version coming from Dr Beef’s hands

Marineverse is going from AppLab to official store

That is either one huge Laser or a really tiny woman.

I see there are a few VR sailing games now. I’m kinda tempted to try them out but so much of sailing is feel. Maybe if I had a hiking bench. I do wonder how hiking out works since there is no body position tracking as far as I know.

Has anyone tried this game, or VR Regatta or Sailaway?

L O L

But hey, a 31% increase in a year is pretty good!

New dlc for walkabout minigolf.

Ooh , my kids are gonna like that minigolf course.

I’d love to make a flight stick like that. I’ve noticed that for the flying courses in Ultrawings 2, the thumbsticks are fine, but for getting the pip on target in the combat ops, I’d love more fine tuned control near the center zone that comes with using a longer stick. Maybe I can saw down a hockey stick, duct tape it to a wood base… hmm… my wife loves this kind of bric-a-brac lying around, ha.

I finished Puzzling Places yesterday. I did three puzzles with the 200 pieces configuration, and the rest with 100 pieces. I’m not ‘hardcore’ enough in jigsaw puzzles as to use the 400 pieces preset.

On sale, only $5

I finished Star Wars: Squadrons and it was fantastic, if all too short. If you haven’t tried it in VR, do so.