Virtual reality: to boldly game like we never gamed before...

Many of you might have one of the 30% off coupons in your Oculus account that will expire today. So check it out if you’ve been waiting for a sale on anything.

I will put an eye in this project. It seems promising…

The kayak game, after several delays, is finally out

HBO is doing VR Chat…

Vertigo 2 is close to being done

Blade and Sorcery update 11 is out

And Lost Ember has a VR edition now

Appreciate the updates. That board game one, how would it work? I assume it’s not bringing the actual games, that would be a licensing nightmare.

It seems it will have two “pillars”: user made content/mods, where people will make their own tabletop games (or most probably, ‘knock off’ versions of famous games) and second, licensed games, but you have to pay for them as DLC. In the KS page they have announced a few, with more coming:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thegamekitchen/all-on-board
https://i.imgur.com/VyxxiLr.png

Only one of the players have to own the dlc to be played by everyone.

Cool, thanks for the explanation.

Tabletop Sim has VR support, and brings plenty of the actual games created/licensed by publishers (which you often have to pay for) - along with many more community workshop knockoffs. I guess the appeal of this new one is, it’s made for VR, and not had VR tacked on?

Tabletop Sim has VR support in the same way that Google has customer support. It’s theoretically there, but dear god is it painful to try to use and doesn’t work anyway.

Haha fair enough, I have never actually tried either of those… thankfully, it sounds. :)

A Twilight Zone game is out, it includes three stories. User reviews are good, but no idea of the length of the total experience

Survios (Raw Data, Walking Dead Onslaught) is creating a new Aliens game, for pc/consoles/vr

80 new ‘single hand’ maps for Beat Saber. Good for disabled people or if you have a lesion in one hand right now.

Steam is doing a ‘VR Festival’, next week, this will be one of the games with demos

I bought Walkabout months ago and just picked it up, man, what a perfect mini-golf game. The controls are wonderfully tight, the physics are dead on, the pace is rapid but peaceful. If anyone wants a regular game, I’d be down for that.

Yeah, I finally picked up Walkabout and absolutely love it. My Quest 2 has been nothing but a Beat Saber / Pistol Whip machine for the better part of a year, but this is a perfect way to chill for an evening.

Every DLC course is 100% worth the cost too. Gives you a ton of holes to take down!

Same interesting offers on Steam:

Pavlov is only 4,2€.
A Fisherman Tale is 5€.
Walking Dead S&S is 18€.
Superhot VR is 9€.
Walkabout Minigolf is 7,5€.

Just be aware walkiing dead doesnt work on the quest 2.

It doesn’t? First news I have about it.

Are you sure? I have the feeling the review section would be filled with negative reviews if that was true, given it’s the most popular device by far.

Well, according to Steam and a user at least. I am assuming here an Oculus Rift isn’t the same as a Quest 2.

No reason it wouldn’t work via Air Link. Every other Rift game does. Absent further info, I would assume that Steam reviewer thought it would play natively.

Its kinda wierd that there isn’t a Quest 2 tag on Steam for this- but then maybe I am dense, and the Rift compatible games always works?

As long as you use Link. I could be wrong, but I don’t think any Steam games have a Quest 2 tag (except maybe crossbuy ones, but I think those only work if you buy via the Oculus store). See, eg, Superhot VR: