Virtual reality: to boldly game like we never gamed before...

I’m down with whatever Schell Games wants to put out, that vampire slayer game looks nice! Ghostbusters, on the other hand, looked kinda crap.

Dungeons of Eternity looking pretty cool, too.

Pre-show

No More Rainbows - First person platformer, already announced previously, demo here

Little Cities - dlc/update

Death Game Hotel - Visual novel game

Ghost Signal - update with new ships and some new features

Walkabout minigolf - new dlc in June, new dlc series for the future, future 2d port for ios

Onward - new update

Demeo - pvp dlc (already announced)

We are One - announced years ago, … oh out now! cool

Powerwash Simulator Vr - out now!

Main show

-–All games are to be released in one year or less… but it’s an estimation, shit can be delayed. There are more games in development, apart from the ones shown (games that are to be released more than one year from now?) –-

-Samba de amigo VR (this was rumored already, there were solid clues)
-I expect you to Die 3 to release on Quest (not exactly a surprise lol)
-Silent Slayer: Vault of the Vampire (stealth adventure by schnell games)
-Ghostbusters : Rise of the Ghost Lord - trailer with some gameplay

(Note, this presenter have no charisma whatsoever)…

-Underdogs - First person mech game with good celshaded style. This is the trailer that I tried to put four or five days ago here but it was retired/put private ;)
-NFL Pro era 2 . sequel. Not shown lol.
-Racket club from Resolution games. Made up racket game for VR. Basically a super small court with ‘playable’ walls. Interesting character design, realistic proportions with a slight cartoon touch.
-Vampire: The Masquerade - Justice , from the creators of Wraith. Venice setting. It seems a bit bigger than Wraith? where it was basically a mansion adventure. Some stealth and combat shown on the streets.
-Dungeons of Eternity . 1-3 player first person dungeon crawler, procgen. I’m interested! I said time ago that it would be super cool to have a game like Demeo, but first person action.
-The 7th Guest VR. It seems well done? Volumetric capture for the actors, mansion in 3d.
-Arizona Sunshine 2 . CG teaser /rolleyes
-Stranger Things VR . from Tender Claws. Cool studio, but I have no interest.
-Attack on Titan VR Unbreakeable . Looks cool flying around? somewhat low poly characters
-Bulletstorm VR . !! /insert here some of the so-dumb-but-cool catchphrases they said.
-Assassin’s Creed Nexus . To be seen on Ubisoft show.
-Asgard Wrath 2. Looks great, but I hope it’s a better game than the first one… I have hopes, game development is a iterative process. 60 hour game. Quest 2 and Quest 3.

-GTA San Andreas?
What’s that? :lol:

First 60€/$ game.

– Latest releases on Quest:

Bizarrely they expressly said that wasn’t gameplay, so it will presumably look worse in practice.

Asgward’s Wrath 2:

-60 hours action/adventure/rpg
-mounts to ride
-guardians like in the first game
-god mode like in the first game
-Like in the first game, crafting/upgrades/minigames
-combat redone, more aggressive, more dynamic
-Still having Norse locations (but main area is Egypt realm)
-Wildlife, bait to attract it, fishing
-Same idea of inhabiting different character
-You can use a whip in combat, to attract enemies, or pull yourself to your mount or to special points.
-Elemental types. Slottable relics in weapons.
More enemy types. They can do special attacks, heal or buff each other, call for reinforcements.
-Physics for weapons. You can change your sword between hands, you can catch a weapon thrown by the enemy.
-Uncharted Rifts: procgen dungeon crawler? You can get loot there use it and use it in the normal game. You can summon ghosts of killed players as AI companions and they will help you.
-Loki anomalies: ??

I’ve been working at Sanzaru Games on Asgard’s Wrath 2 for <checks watch> a few weeks now! So literally nothing shown in the reveals is my work, but it is the work of a really incredible team here, some of whom have been busy making this game for years (since AW1). I’m not allowed to say anything more than has been revealed, but as you can probably tell, the game is HUGE. Hope it looks like a good time for everyone waiting to have a AAA slicey-dicey experience in VR.

Dropping the trailer and deep dive here for easy access (and blatant self/team-promotion)!

Cool!

Honestly, I am very critic of the first game. Let me paste from another place…

But even them, the videos has held my attention. I suspect the story/characters part isn’t that improved, but if the combat is redone and is good, and other aspects of the gameplay and world have improved, I can roll with it.

@Nightgaunt also, if I can ask, how the hell AW2 will fit inside my 64 gb Quest 2? lol

Yeah, storage is a serious problem. Even at 128gb, it’s just not enough now that ‘serious’ Q2 games are 10-40gb. Really should have included a microSD slot.

Thanks for sharing and hope you enjoy the new job, team and project.

I adored and was awed by Asgard’s Wrath. I could not quite believe that a VR game of such scope and quality got made. To me, it felt like the equivalent of Avatar for 3D movies, awesome early product, never actually improved upon.

That said, whilst I enjoyed the fighting and exploring, mini-games and light RPG aspects, the puzzles are what killed the game for me. I got stuck, often, and finding help online was tricky. Unlike a lot of non-VR games, guides were scarce and where there might have been some Youtube video showing a solution, I often had no way to identify the right video, or the place within it to watch . . . given the lack of firm identifiers and how challenging it is to follow gameplay in VR.

I bet one of the next 4 people to read this loved the puzzles! :-P

Thanks, @TurinTur and @Lykurgos, for being interested in the game. Like I said, I really shouldn’t say anything about it right now, but when it’s out I hope you’ll find that the new game fulfills all the potential of the first Asgard’s Wrath! (I definitely got badly stuck on a couple of the AW puzzles too, Ly.)

The Queen music pack for Beat Saber is really good. Obviously it helps that the song selection is one of their most appealing, but the choreography (at Expert) also feels better than anything I’ve played before. Tricky but fair, good flow, interesting patterns and generally feeling a lot more active than normal.

I’m just annoyed that the arcs between blocks aren’t actually a scoring element. I was really enjoying those silly poses, but not sure my inner powergamier will allow me to continue doing them.

And now I realized there pack before that was a classic rock mixtape, which I totally missed. A change in their target demographics?

@tomchick can you change the title of the thread, so it has ‘virtual reality’ instead of ‘vr’ ? It’s a pain in the ass to find it always because the search can’t use ‘vr’, it’s too short of a term.

This looks good, there are varied themes, and a good amount of content: 25 rooms + user made content. Nice.

Looks good, the only problem with games like this is replayability. I can go back to I Expect You to Die after a couple of years and enjoy it again, that’s just how long it takes me to forget details of the puzzles and figure it out anew.

Good news alert: we have a new Walkabout Mini Golf course out today. It’s the Jules Verne-inspired Journey to the Center of the Earth.

I also realized I missed the previous new course called Zerzura so I’ve got two new courses to look forward to. Love me some VR putt-putt golf!

We’ll be playing this one tonight. Love the ‘find the hidden balls’ then the scavenger hunt stuff whenever a new course comes out.

I liked the Egyptian one quite a lot, fun big courses. But I really did not like the Upside-down town. I appreciate the attempt to do something different but putt-ing with my hands and arms sucks.

Yeah, that one was a big miss with us. I like that they’re trying different things but it was incorporate to play…

Pavlov update

AssCreed VR. The trailer was full Cg but there are at least screenshots in the official page at [url]Assassin’s Creed Nexus VR | Ubisoft (US)

A look at the new Guardian in Quest 3, with the depth sensor it will be able to scan your room better

Two games coming in September