Virtual reality: to boldly game like we never gamed before...

You can also just go into settings and change the boundary sensitivity so it warns you earlier. If you enable advanced settings you can change head and hands separately.

Sure, Get 25% off Racket Club | Meta Quest

My space is roughly 2x2, with some of the space in the front obscured by my sofa, but in general because the racket has a certain amount of reach , and the virtual play space has walls, you aren’t in too much danger of overstepping the area. I’ve gotten into more trouble in doubles because one wall is missing, so sometimes you try going for a ball your partner isn’t trying for over the line and I whack my lazy boy or snag the damn Christmas tree, should take that down now. But yeah, putting the couch in front allows me to swing over it, the racket length lets me get most balls that are through it, and if I do go for the too- low bounce, it’s way softer than the other direction where I bash the tv cabinet.

You can also used Mixed Reality where only the ground court and opposing court are virtual, to actually stay very aware of your room, but I find that makes me too cautious and my strokes get all gimpy.

But sure, 3x3 would be great, let me go build that hobby hut in the garden…

Speaking of
https://twitter.com/benz145/status/1740157500949959142

There are 3 courses for .99 each for Walkabout Mini Golf today. Click around and see if you don’t have them!

Is Labyrinth one of them?

Nope, older ones.

There must have also been a nicely timed marketing push with the streamer crowd. This came out of nowhere and was not on the list of VR games my boy had been talking about on the lead up to the 25th.

I haven’t bought any extra courses yet. Are these ones on sale good? The upside down world one seems neat.

It got popular one year ago on Quest 2, in special in the younger audience. the popularity of the title is nothing new.

Hell it got popular when it was still in EA phase even before that, and could only get in AppLab.

I doubt there is a big ‘marketing push’, it was created by a single indie dev (although at this point he has a small team).
I know the dev from another forum. The real origin of the title is him being a fan of Echo Arena, as in, participating in a esport league even Lemming - Echo Arena Player Profile :: Esports Earnings
and he created the game with the same philosophy of avoiding artificial movement with the joysticks, in Echo Arena you grab stuff and pull to propel yourself in zero-G and in Gorilla Tag you push yourself with your own arms in the ground.

Apparently the Walkabout courses on sale are 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Shangri-La, and UpsideTown.

Been playing a good bit of this game lately with two friends who just got Quest 3s, it works really well socially.

Hate to say it, but I think UpsidedownTown is easily the least satisfactory course… playing golf on the ceiling with your arms bent is not fun. The other two are pretty good.

My wife got me a Quest 3 for Xmas that I am loving (already own an Index and Q2). Today I tried out Steam Link running Alyx from my 3080 machine and it was incredible. Noticeably nicer looking than the Index, 90fps, and not a glitch to be seen. I am really impressed!

Nice! Modern lens tech and almost double the pixel count will do that. :)

100% agree - it’s the one course no one in our weekly group ever wants to play again. Great concept but it just doesn’t work at all for us. Easily the best game overall on VR though!

A ha, I’ve been waiting for that sort of feedback, time to buy a Q3!

What is everyone’s go-to approach for a cracked sensor ring? My wife and kids cracked both the Oculus Quest 1 controllers. The internet says super glue and baking soda but the zip-tie idea seems interesting to me.

Zip ties might block some of the LEDs it uses to track the controller, I’d say superglue (baking soda isn’t necessary, it just accelerates the curing) would be my first thought.

Also, went out and picked up a 3, anybody want to buy a 2? Going cheap!

I duct taped my Q2 pro strap, held great until I replaced it with a Syntec battery strap.

Note the left Q2 controller has a history of getting stick drift… mine did, you can buy replacements on eBay that for me worked great, but to replace it you have to dismantle the sensor ring and controller in general so be aware that won’t be an option if you super glue…

Worst comes to worst you can buy new controllers singly from Meta.

I picked up a Quest 3 today as my first dip into standalone VR, I’m not counting an Oculus Go. I have gone through a few iterations of PCVR and I have to say that I’m surprisingly impressed with this thing.

That mixed reality demo game was pretty incredible just roaming around a large room blasting away at the tribbles. Equally impressive that I didn’t have to take the headset off to set up the app and type my wifi password on my phone. I hope cool things are done with the mixed reality features. Audio is much better than I expected, and the built in strap comfort is decent, but I did start to feel it after a while, which was a good cue to take a break anyway so no big deal. I’ll look into accessories and comfort stuff after I figure out what bugs me most. I still love my Reverb G2, which will continue to be my sim racing setup. But it’s nice I can offload some “regular” VR gaming to be in a better space without wires.

I found and used @TurinTur 's referral upthread, so thank you for that. You may get double reward according to what my app told me. I assume the game referral discounts won’t stack on top of the sale that’s going on? But I did see a thread elsewhere saying if you buy during sale from the in-headset store, you can add mulitple games for additional bundle discount. I’ll try that later.

Question - is there a simple way to add games I own on the Oculus store (PC) that are cross buy with Quest? Or do I have to figure out which are which manually and just search on the store? Trying to figure out what I have to re-purchase while the sale is still going on.