Wallet Threat Level

Ooof! That one will be a massive wallet hit if the pricing of v1 is anything to go by…

Something like $80 USD probably and don’t know that it’ll be in the usually massive yearly Christmas sale. Though that’s FOR SURE the best time to buy other expensive items like the Grigsby games.

Diego

Any word on how much the discount for owners of v1 is?

No. Matrix never reveal price information before release.

Get out of here, grognards!

Ah, finally!

More seriously, anybody is free to add his own Wallet Threat as he’s pleased; no need to put blame on our Monkey providing a nice base service!

That is one blast from the past. The first game was that Korean take on Dynasty Warriors in a fantasy world with a much more emphasized strategy layer.
Sadly, from the Steam page, those shredding first words:

it’s an MMO

Where the heck did that come from?!

Actually, the first first game was an isometric RTS on PC that hardly anyone cared about. Then they morphed it into a hybrid hack-n-slash/strategy game for the two Xbox installments and hit magic. And then on 360 they decided to make one that was just an ARPG and no one cared again. So, hey, deciding to make the next game an MMO seems fully in keeping with the “we have no idea what to do with this franchise” strategy they’ve been employing so far.

Let’s see if we can spot the cool releases this week. First of all, even though I didn’t care for Shenmue, I’m really glad you fans are getting Shenmue 3 this week after all those years of waiting. I hope you find closure. Also, this week, I learned there’s a Garfield Kart Racing game coming out. Are there Garfield fans out there? There must be, right? Lots of games with cool names this week, I have to say. But I have no idea if any of them are any good. I mean, come on, Railroad Corporation? Is that going to be as cool as Railroad Tycoon 2? How about BOX? What is that about? Or how about Typing of the Undead? Could that game be as awesome as Typing of the Dead? How about Golf Around! With an exclamation mark at the end, it had better be special. How about Coffee Rush? Is it the return of the RTS? Who can get their Coffee Rush before you turtle up?

Monday, Nov. 18

• Railroad Corporation | PC
  • Bloo Kid 2 | Switch
  • Santa Tracker | PC
  • Dinodrifters | PC
  • Oil Mogul | PC
  • Paul’s World | PC
  • Space Shapes | PC

Tuesday, Nov. 19

• Munchkin: Quacked Quest | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC
  • Football Manager 2020 | PC
  • Golem | PS4
  • Shenmue III | PS4, PC
  • The Unicorn Princes | Switch
  • Narcos: Rise Of The Cartel | PS4, PC
  • WRC 8 | Switch
  • Zumba: Burn It Up! | Switch
  • Garfield Kart Furious Racing | Switch
  • Diamonds | PC
  • Bolf | PC
  • Forbidden Love With The Ghost Girl | PC

Wednesday, Nov. 20

• Still There | Switch, PC
  • Children Of Morta | Switch
  • Bouncy Bob 2 | Switch
  • Pixels Can Fight | PC
  • Golf Around! | PC
  • Adam: Robot World | PC
  • Unlock The King | PC, Mac
  • Forgotten Hill Disillusion | PC
  • EBONY | PC
  • Uncharted Ocean | PC
  • Linked Mask | PC
  • Hermes: Rescue Mission | PC
  • Hexadrift | PC, Mac

Thursday, Nov. 21

• Black Future ‘88 | Switch, PC
  • Deemo Reborn | PS4
  • Asterix & Obelix XXL 3: The Crystal Menhir | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC, Mac
  • Farmer’s Dynasty | PS4, Xbox One
  • Narcos: Rise Of The Cartel | Switch
  • Thief Of Thieves - Season One | Switch
  • G.R.E.E.N: The Life Algorithm | Switch
  • SoccerDie: Cosmic Cup | Switch
  • Baobabs Mausoleum Ep.3: Un Pato En Muertoburgo | Switch
  • Strike Force - War On Terror | Switch
  • The Touryst | Switch
  • Coffee Rush | PC
  • Hide And Secret: The Lost World | PC
  • Colorgird | PC, Mac
  • Guntastic | PC, Mac
  • Typing Of The Undead | PC, Mac
  • The Yellow King | PC
  • Deep, In The Forest | PC
  • Mountain Rescue Simulator | PS4

Friday, Nov. 22

• Narcos: Rise Of The Cartel | Xbox One
  • Lost Ember | PS4, Xbox One, PC
  • Debris | PS4
  • Sniper Ghost Warriors Contracts | PS4, Xbox One, PC
  • Civilization VI | PS4, Xbox One
  • Tiny Gladiators | Switch
  • Marbelous Animals | Switch
  • Kings Of Lorn: The Fall Of Ebris | PC
  • G.R.E.E.N: The Life Algorithm| PC
  • Fear The Dark Unkown | PC
  • My Haunted Doll | PC
  • Beat.School: DJ Simulator | PC
  • Brass Brigade | PC
  • Stretch | PS4

Saturday, Nov. 23

• BOX | PC
  • GLOWCOMA: Chapter 1 | PC

As a Shenmue 2 fan, I take offense in your statement: the last thing I am looking forward is Shenmue 3 and all the tarnish it could bring to the fantastic ending of Shenmue 2.

A 90th game for the Switch wishlist, yay!

Is that a Lovecraft game?

Well, in the original Shenmue, I did find someone Chinese, but I believe I never found the sailors I was looking for. I’ve always wondered if he found those sailors.

I have held those answers for 20 years, and I won’t give them to you.

The main thing threatening the sanctity of my wallet this week is the Age of Wonders: Planetfall expansion, Revelations. I’ve been holding off on picking the main game up for the last couple months while hoping for a good package deal with this expansion (and trying to widdle down my shameful backlog first). We’ll see if that pays off.

I was also interested in a Steam game due out tomorrow called Automation Empire, but based on word of mouth by people with review keys chatting it up in the game’s Steam forum, the esteemed developer, DOG HOGGLER, is delivering a half-baked train wreck… so screw that.

As for Shenmue 3, the review embargo lifts several days after its release. How weird and probably totally unrelated to the game’s quality.

I am shocked! Who could think such a thing, after the display of good taste and quality that was known as Shenmue online.

I have no idea if that’s a Hastur/King in Yellow game, but either way that’s Robert W Chambers and not Lovecraft per se. (/nitpick)

That seems like a solid vote of confidence by the dev’s / publisher.

I was about to mention that, since it wasn’t in the list. Glad to see I was not the only one who missed that. ;)

Anyone actually buy this yet? It released today and looks… very promising? Also we don’t actually have this game in it’s on subject right? I found Empire but not Corporation.

That’s interesting - two streamers I follow on the YouTube - Katherine of Sky and Skye Storm - have both been churning out videos of Automation Empire for about a week. I watched a bit of one and wrote it off (I’m not a fan of Factorio type builder games) but I assume they wouldn’t make 20+ videos of the game if it was a buggy mess.

They would if they’re getting paid to.

Is this the inevitable merger of the Farming Simulator 20xx series with Harvest Moon??

Looks more like the Sims meets Farming to me. Heh, the video is pretty corny.