Wallet Threat Level

I don’t know where you are getting your lists from, @Rock8man , but you are missing one very important one, that I implore everyone to take a look at.

12th of april

Dare I ask?

Heh. I just do an internet search. Usually it brings up either Gamespot or Kotaku’s weekly list.

That does look interesting. I added it to the list. When I have time later, I’ll have to look up what the intriguing description of “Arrow-Time” combat system means.

Master of Anima has gotten good reviews and looks interesting as a Pikmin-like.
Bombslinger’s combo bomberman-roguelike gameplay looks super fun.

Tower of Time seems nifty, but I’m not sure ‘arrow time’ is that revolutionary. Sounds like real-time with pause to me. I guess I’ll find a gameplay video later. It looks like a steal at that price point, though 50+ hours of gameplay is at least 10+ more than I want to spend on an RPG these days.

When I read the description I said, “Oh, so it’s Baldur’s Gate.”

Tower of Time is quite good. It is not pause with real time, it is bullet time with real time. You can not stop time but you can slow it down dramatically. The skills are more like WoW skills on a cooldown rather than one-use skills like spells in BG (at least until you rest).

The exploration is good, the story seems to be fun and it is well crafted. The battle tactics are really the draw here and it does play differently than most any other RPG. There is a reason why it is running 94% positive reviews on Steam.

I’m seriously considering picking it up. You can create your entire party, right? I find dealing with NPCs and their side quests exhausting these days (yeah, I could ignore them, but I feel obligated to solve their problems for whatever reason).

I’ve been playing Tower of Time a bit today. It’s pretty good, but hard as balls. I’m struggling on normal difficulty to get past one of the early levels.

I believe it does have actual pause. The default is slow time to bullet time, but it can be changed to actual pause time in the options.

I like how it plays. As mentioned, very good exploration, lots of lore and back story. The enemies in combat come in waves of 1 to 3 at a time. You really have to use tactics and your skills. This is not a hack n slash.

Decent loot so far too. I haven’t seen crafting yet, and many other features. Seems to be loaded with them though.

Great heads up on this one. Thanks!

Too lazy to look up a whole list this week, but the new God of War is out this week, and Yakuza 6. So a big week for PS4 releases.

Oh wow, new God of War, is it supposed to be any good? I remember I played the first two, my game save got corrupted pretty far into the second game and I just bailed on it. That has to have been ten years ago at least.

Yes, it’s supposed to be excellent. It’s getting really good reviews. The Eurogamer review made me put on the top of my wishlist for 2019. If I avoid buying games in 2018 and make it through my backlog of AAA games this year, I should be ready for Dad of War next year.

I’ve watched some gameplay, but it as bugging the crap out of me that the tower is supposed to be upside down, but nothing inside the tower actually is.

This week’s wallet threat level is Battletech.

This week’s list is from Kotaku, let me know if they missed something big.

Tuesday, April 24

Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion — PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC
BattleTech — PC
Cluster Tumble — PS4
Code 51: Mecha Arena — PS VR
Cosmic Star Heroine — PS Vita
Dead Secret — PS VR
Devious Dungeon — PS4, PS Vita
Emily Wants to Play Too — PS4
Firefighters - The Simulation — Switch
Firefighters: Airport Fire Department — Switch
Frostpunk — PC
Gal*Gun 2 — Switch
Hello Kitty Kruisers — Switch
Jolt Family Robot Racer — PS4
Just In Time Incorporated — PS VR
Pic-A-Pix Color — PS4, PS Vita
Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality — PS VR
South Park: The Fractured But Whole — Switch
Subaeria — Xbox One
The Invisible Hours — Xbox One
The Swords of Ditto — PS4, PC
To Leave — PS4

Wednesday, April 25

39 Days to Mars — PC
Death Road to Canada — PS4, Xbox One, Switch
Emily Wants To Play Too — Xbox One
Runestone Keeper — Xbox One
Where Are My Friends? — Switch

Thursday, April 26

A Robot Named Fight — Switch
ACA NeoGeo Ghost Pilots — Switch
Agatha Knife — Switch
Another Lost Phone: Laura’s Story — Switch
Digital Angling — PS VR
Goetia — Switch
KORG Gadget for Nintendo Switch — Switch
Late Shift — Switch
Light Fall — Switch
MLB Home Run Derby VR — PS VR
Shoppe Keep 2 — PC
Sky Rogue — Switch
Spacejacked — PS4
Sparkle ZERO — Switch
Survive Mr. Cube! — PS4
Unalive — WiiU

Friday, April 27

12 Orbits — Switch
Agatha Knife — Xbox One
Aqua Moto Racing Utopia — Switch
Bouncy Bob — Switch
DragoDino — Xbox One, Switch
Jotun: Valhalla Edition — Switch
Korgan — Xbox One
Monster Prom — PC
Psychedelica of the Black Butterfly — PS Vita
Save The Ninja Clan — Switch
Snow Moto Racing Freedom — Switch

Your wallet is safe this week.

Tuesday, May 1

Super Mega Baseball 2 — Xbox One, PC

Thursday, May 3

Nihilumbra — Switch
Thrones of Britannia: A Total War Saga — PC

Friday, May 4

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze — Switch
City of Brass — PS4, Xbox One, PC

Not so safe for people who don’t share whatever your taste is.

For instance, previews of Thrones of Britannia look anywhere from intriguing to fantastic, and it sure seems like a game even non-Total War diehard fans may want to take a look at.

I’ve never played a Total War game. I’m intrigued. Tell me more.

Donkey Kong preordered, excited to play it with my daughter.

From last week, Goetia is getting good buzz and I may check it out sometime.

We reviewed the Steam version a few years ago. It’s OK at best for point-and-click adventure fans.