Wallet Threat Level

Oh I didn’t mean it in a demeaning way. It was my biggest letdown of the game that the usually exhaustive, disappointment be damned, Kojima left this stone unturned.

Yeah, I really like the way there are explanations for a lot of the weird things, but that one in particular seems to be solidly chosen for gameplay reasons. That said, I don’t doubt there might be some weird and implausible explanation somewhere. I’ll look for it next time I play. ;)

I had some theories back then, but I forgot to write them down.
And now I hardly remember anything about the game anymore!

It didn’t, just everyone are giants in the game

Hey Alex, it was a spoiler ;)

(And that was the easiest cope away explanation, it didn’t stand any scrutiny)

The big headliner this week, as mentioned last week, is Lego Stars: The Skywalker Saga. For the baseball fans that don’t have Game Pass, the latest MLB The Show is out this week and could be a major wallet thread. (It’s also out on Game Pass, and much less of a wallet threat!). Other games that are coming out for every platform include Z-Warp, which looks like a retro 2D bullet-hell shooter, and Road Maintenance Simulator, which er, I’m not going to bother to look up because doesn’t the name say it all?

Any other wallet threats this week?

Monday, April 4

• Dashing Dodgems | Switch

Tuesday, April 5

• Before We Leave | PS5, PS4
  • Legal Dungeon | Xbox One
  • Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga | PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Switch, PC
  • MLB The Show 22 | PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Switch
  • Replica | Xbox One

Wednesday, April 6

• Outbreak: Contagious Memories | Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Switch, PC
  • Worm Run | Switch
  • Z-Warp | PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Switch

Thursday, April 7

• Bibi & Tina - New Adventures With Horses | Switch
  • Cars Puzzles Games - Funny Car & Trucks Preschool Jigsaw Education Learning Puzzle Games for Babies, Kids & Toddlers | Switch
  • Chinatown Detective Agency | Xbox One, Switch, PC
  • Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC
  • Eschatos | PS4
  • Floating Farmer | Switch
  • Forgive Me Father | PC
  • Godfall Ultimate Edition | Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PC
  • Happy’s Humble Burger Farm | Switch
  • Janitor Bleeds | Xbox One, PC
  • Kombinera | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC
  • Mokoko X | Switch, PC
  • Radioactive Dwarfs: Evil from the Sewers | Switch
  • Red White Yellow Zinger | Switch
  • Road Maintenance Simulator | PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PC
  • Sherlock Holmes: The Devil’s Daughter | Switch
  • Slipstream | PS4, Xbox One, Switch
  • Spingram | Switch
  • The House of the Dead: Remake | Switch
  • The Last Friend | Switch
  • Traditional Braves | Switch
  • Whiskey & Zombies | Xbox One

Friday, April 8

• Astrodogs | Switch
  • Boreal Tenebrae | Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Switch
  • Calm Colors | Switch
  • Rocket Cows | Switch
  • World of One | Switch

Saturday, April 9

• Axolotl | Switch
  • Micro Stunt Machina | Switch

One ping on the radar for some future purchase. Will this version of Chrono Cross be the one I play? I’m very flattered it thinks I’m a radical dreamer.

I never heard the same kind of praise for Chrono Cross that I always heard for Chrono Trigger. So back in 2006 or so when I went back and played a few retro games on a roommate’s modded Xbox, Chrono Trigger was the one I played. For an old game (by then), it was really good. I spent forever in that intro trying to win that sword. Of course, it made the first few enemies in the game trivial as a result, but I like my game-breaking early rewards to be game-breaking like that.

Having yet played neither, I continually get them confused.

Amen to the game breaking! That sounds like the perfect amount, being a limited period of great strength that blends into later parts.

MLB could have been a threat, but it appears the Switch version is a slug, not a slugger.

There are a few interesting indie games I’ll play in six months when Geggis and Nightgaunt are done with them!

Now I’m wondering how this may play decently with a gamepad.

This is the one that might threaten my wallet. I’m just waiting more info on the PC port, but if it turns out to be a good port, I’ll definitely buy this.

And done, for the xBox. Did use some MS Rewards points to offset the cost at least.

Having fun thus far. I had tried one of the DS games before, but it felt a lot more linear than this.

I guess the big headliners this week that might threaten your wallet are Road 96, Cat Cafe Manager and a port of Nobody Saves the World?

Wallet threat level green?

Monday, April 11

• Double Shot Gals | Switch

Tuesday, April 12

• 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim | Switch
  • B.I.O.T.A. | PC
  • Cathedral | PS4
  • Get-A-Grip Chip and the Body Bugs | Switch
  • Sephonie | PC

Wednesday, April 13

• Car Detailing Simulator | PC
  • Pad of Time | Switch

Thursday, April 14

• Bunny Mahjo | Switch
  • Bush Hockey League | Switch
  • Cat Cafe Manager | Switch, PC
  • CRIMESIGHT | PC
  • Death Park 2 | Switch
  • Gotta Protectors: Cart of Darkness | Switch
  • Inner Voices | Switch
  • Labyrinth of the Chaka King | Switch
  • Nobody Saves The World | PS5, PS4, Switch
  • Pinball Freedom | Switch
  • Pretty Girls Rivers | PS5, PS4, Switch
  • Road 96 | Ps5, PS4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One
  • Rotund Rebound | Switch
  • RUN: The World In-Between | Switch, PC
  • Shooting Star Island | Switch
  • Sockventure | Switch
  • TAPE: Unveil the Memories | PS4, PC
  • Toodee and Topdee | Switch

Friday, April 15

• A Sketchbook About Her Sun | PS4, Switch
  • Flower Shop: Summer In Fairbrook | Switch
  • Formula Retro Racing | Switch
  • Kingdom Workshop | PC
  • Lumberhill | Switch
  • Sally Face | Xbox One
  • Taito Milestones | Switch
  • Tormented Souls | Switch
  • Battle Kid: Fortress of Peril | Xbox One
  • Wild West Corps | Switch

Red alert level here. Black even. Played the demo, loved it to bits, have been literally watching the calendar waiting for the game to come out since. I don’t remember this happening since middle school.

I own that on PS4! But I’ve never installed it. Not yet.

Huh, did not expect to see that get a console release. It’s not a bad game just quite indie and rough around the edges.

It’s really good!

The atmosphere created with the soundscape and animation in the adventure scenes is just incredible. Reminded me of my favourite adventure game on the Saturn.

I finished 13 Sentinels on the PS4 and loved it. I probably played through half of it on my phone using Remote Play before bed, and it worked great. This is an ideal Switch game.

Did they tone down the anime butt prominence in the Switch release? I’m no prude, but one of the supporting characters is posed quite uncomfortably anytime she’s on screen. Just the one character, but it was frequent enough and weird enough that I would have been embarrassed to play it in front of anyone. I would have used a “please stand like a human” checkbox.

Heh, I know which character you’re talking about. Those are some impossible pants right there.