Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf is leaving Early Access

Hi, guys! Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf is leaving Early Access today.

Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf is a card-driven turn-based tactical game which features RPG elements, containing a single player campaign, survival and PvP modes. Win these battles using the arsenal of weapons, abilities and cunning of the sky warriors.
Steam: store.steampowered.com/app/553210

Man, I wish I was into CCGs because I really dig WH40K stuff. Maybe someday.

Wait, I thought this was just a port of the ios game? Interesting.

I’ve played a bit of the EA version and really enjoyed it.

In the current 40ish-k universe the home planet of the Space Wolves is ruined, its peoples exterminated, half the star system destroyed and the Wolves future uncertain, even though they had a whole new bunch of werewolfmarine units turn up. Which is near enough a perfect setting for their primarch to return. Which is convenient seeing one already has elsewhere, and appeared with a legion of Space Marines v2.0 and lots of shiny new toys.

I dig 40k stuff, and this has a lot of the keywords that make me interested, but there have been some low quality 40k games lately. I’m a bit hesitant. Might give this a few weeks to see how the reviews shake out.

The iOS version was middling, at best.

Ha ha, awesome!

Yeah, I’d be leery of anything Herocraft puts out unless it gets great word of mouth. I kickstarted Worlds of Magic from them and it turned out to be a mediocre, buggy mess.

But they also published Tempest, which is awesome.

$4. Well?

Someday came much quicker than expected. Time to join the CCG crowd I guess.

Worth it.

Anyone playing this?

I did the tutorial and the first mission after that. It looks good and I like the combat system. Beyond that I’m a bit confuzzled.

It’s not at all clear to me the relationship between the different deck types and your squad, for instance. Can different guys be assigned to different deck types? I didn’t see a place to do that. The other two decks just unlocked after the mission with no explanation at all.

Also, the different guys in the squad have different perk sets, but there’s no explanatory text as to what each is supposed to be suited for or whether any of that can be changed, etc.

The deck interface leaves something to be desired, though I seem to be fumbling through it. I didn’t see a way to filter by ammo type, which would be nice to have. And it seems really odd to me that when you select a card group so you can see the different versions of the same card, you can only see the ones that aren’t already in your deck.

I’d love some tips/guidelines on getting started and developing a squad, but there don’t seem to be any reviews for the pc version and the tips thread on steam doesn’t have much useful in it.

Pretty sure there’s a really fun game here, if I can get sorted what I’m doing.

Man, I’m still in the tutorial mission, so I’m no help. Gonna try to play some this week though since we’re streaming it next week.

I messed around with it some more and made some progress figuring it out. Then I made a suggestion thread on steam. I think they could do a few things to make deck management a lot easier and more enjoyable.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/553210/discussions/0/1489987633997973886/