Warhammer 40K: Inquisitor - Martyr

Frankly, a lot of the Psyker’s power is just in pure power. Dual warp rods running the basic warp fire and which fire weapon skills along with self buffs, the critical tree, some cool down, and a few perks and…stuff melts. The extra actual spells like molten beam, fire storm, constrict, etc. are just gravy. I find the dual rods themselves do so much of the work. Find an enemy group, witch fire, fire a blast of warp fire or two on stragglers and maybe add more of your spell of choice to commanders. Then just teleport and full movement skill tree to your next victims. It’s nuts.

There are some rougher spots early before gear and crits are doing their thing (6 to 10ish). Then molten beam (for me) can carry through the teens. At that point, the Psyker is just getting stronger and stronger with basic weapon skills and self buffs.

Will take a look at rods again. I went with the staff for the extra skill of choice, but maybe it doesn’t matter if the rods are better with what they offer by default.

Witchfire is your friend. I used to run staff but now I run a pair of rods instead for the extra AoE.

I run a pyro staff and 4 buffs plus bio-lightning

Wouldn’t that work better with one less buff and one more AOE?

Don’t need another AoE. Pyro staff and Bio-Lightning alternated is about as fast as you can attack with global cooldowns anyway. Also I sometimes run the 10% damage per buff (40% damage) and each buff runs 10% damage and/or 10% movespeed passive. End result is I’m at 70% or so damage and 30% movespeed all the time plus the buffs have 100% uptime. It’s quite good. Buffs are usually Endurance for 15% less damage taken, the one that gives ranged deflection (which is either 25 or 40 depending on which tooltip you believe lol), one that doubles damage on the first shot on each target (which allows bio-electric to usually one shot even power stuff), final one is flexible, been using the armor pen one to kill bosses better.

It’s good to see that there is not just one cookie cutter approach to Psyker.

I’ve read that currently DoTs don’t actually stack, but over-write each other. So if you drop a burning DoT on something, and then a bleed, the bleed over-writes the burn rather than adds to it. Also, if you hit a target with the same DoT again, while the DoT is still ticking, it starts the counter over again, so if you attack too fast you actually screw up the damage generation. Don’t know how accurate this is, but a developer did respond that fixing this is on their wish list or something like that, so maybe it’s so.

I tend to use Firestorm and Hemorrhage, so this is a bit annoying, and would explain a few things I’ve noticed. I did try the dual-Witchfire rods, and, yeah, it works nicely, especially followed up by Firesstorm. I like the Bio-Lightning too, but I do like the circular AoE stuff.

With my Psyker at 31 or whatever, and with pretty much several levels of Tarot missions about the only thing worth doing at the moment, I took some time to fiddle with my other characters. My Crusader I’m trying to make work as a crit-based single-target ranged build, like I saw on YouTube, but really the axe is still better most of the time, sadly enough. After trying a sniper rifle based Assassin, I switched to mostly a sword build, and it chews stuff up big time.

Just unlocked Firestorm. Holy shit does that melt the heretics! Don’t even have any points in AoE and it just one shots groups with ease. That one will be on my bar for the duration I think.

I managed to complete the story mission where you protect the tech priest while he merges with the Machine Spirit on my first try as a Psyker. Had failed it multiple times as a Crusader. There is no going back to Crusader now! :)

Edit - The tech priest had 84 hit points left when I finished the mission.

Praise be to the Omnissiah!

I’m still struggling on this one with a sniper assassin :(

I was only able to do it by turning the difficulty down.

A true sniper may be viable, but really, it’s all about blades for the Assassin I think. I use the sniper rifle pretty much only for the AoE shot, to clear trash, and occasionally, when I can set it up, for a single-target kill. Mostly I just use a two-handed sword and play Cuisinart. One of the blades with a jump works nicely for defense missions, and the holographic doubles are not bad either, especially if you do status effects as the doubles burn off suppression pretty well.

I suspect that the same skills you use to build a sniper will work even better with, say, a bolter or autogun because, well, the sniper rifle doesn’t have any greater range, really.

AirsickHydra just posted his assassin build yesterday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66CP4sqjVQc&t=107s

Another event starting Friday? Someone asked about the next patch and here is the reply from Megapull a couple of minutes ago:

We are working on patches constantly.

You can’t patch a game daily though because simply put, the coding work alone, the testing, gathering feedback, etc. takes more time than a day. As you can see in the News section, we are updating the game frequently.

The next update will most likely roll out with the start of the upcoming event (Friday).

I think they are working diligently to improve things, while simultaneously working on these events (really, the endgame content or foundation for it, absent at launch) and the console release next month.

Up to about level 15 the Psyker seemed OK but not that great. In the next few levels I’ve begun to see why people are all praising the class. Groups melt to Firestorm and Haemmorhage. Single targets die in seconds to the Molten Beam. I’ve still died a few times from getting careless, but the class is a lot more fun now. Looking forward to getting some relics and really being OP! :)

Hopefully the new event is a bit more fun and reasonable. The one last weekend felt like a full time job and has put me perilously close to burnt out on Martyr.

The next event is apparently a week long. I too hope they learned from last weekend’s debacle.