Warhammer 40K: Inquisitor - Martyr

Yeah, I found the maps too basic and repetitive. The loot wasn’t very inspiring, but the gameplay was decent. I’m hoping the 2.0 combat system feels better, but it’s really hard for me to judge looking at the videos. It looks good, but this sort of thing I just have to play and feel first-hand.

I do worry about the capabilities of the dev team in pulling off an overhaul like this. They’ve always seemed like the little kid trying to run too fast and tripping over their own feet. The one-month delay they announced on the morning of the 2.0 release date didn’t exactly inspire a lot of confidence.

Still, I’m looking forward to trying out 2.0. I was originally planning on picking up the expansion on release day, but now I’ll probably try 2.0 out first and see how that goes before putting down more money.

2.0 PATCH TOMORROW!

Well I sure hope someone tells me if it’s any good. I’ve got money burning a hole in my pocket for some more WH40K goodness.

If you haven’t bought it yet, you might want to wait for Prophecy (standalone expansion) which is scheduled for July 30th now. With Neocore’s track record, the 2.0 update could very well be a trainwreck up until then anyway. :)

I may reinstall for the 2.0 patch, assuming it’s not the trainwreck out of the gate that KevinC (quite properly!) predicts it might be. I got a lot of fun out of the game warts and all during its initial period.

I got about 70 hours out of the EA and 1.0 versions, so there’s fun in there. Can’t wait to try 2.0.

I don’t think I liked it as much as you guys did, but the setting keeps me interested. The combat didn’t feel very good and while I appreciated the slow pace, I felt like they didn’t take advantage of being more tactical (I found intelligently using cover to never really be a factor, for example). The character customization/loot also failed to really grab me.

That being said, I didn’t think it was bad and I’ve wanted a 40K ARPG for a long time, so I’m definitely interested in the 2.0 patch today. Combat might feel a lot better with the overhaul they’re doing, and it looks like gear customization is getting a lot more depth to it.

So I guess the patch and maintenance will be done by 12pm eastern?

Due to this, there will be an extended maintenance active from 10AM CEST until the patch goes live, which will happen around 6PM CEST.

I assume the delay of the patch on PC means we’ll have any longer to wait for the PS4 patch, right? I started playing it a few weeks ago but put it aside to wait for the eventual upgrade.

Downloading 7GB on Steam.

Yep , I see it! But mine was 7 MB.

Perhaps The Emperor compresses?

6-20-2019%202-49-09%20PM

D:

It was two patches for me, 7GB and 7 MB.

So the game feels so much better. Smoother, faster, more fluid. Accessing inventory in-mission is great, as is the more straightforward leveling system. I also enjoy that tarot cards are used for regular missions. This makes lower-level/grey missions more viable now. I did run into some graphical glitches but nothing too serious. I’d, so far, call 2.0 a win.

Yes, plays alot better.

It’s funny, before 2.0, I thought it played more fluidly with a gamepad, but holy hell, now the mouse/keyboard controls are WAY more fluid to me.

Are you saying the gamepad controls took a big step back or that KBM was improved that much? What makes KBM so good now, can you pinpoint anything specific?

Gamepad controls felt the same, while mouse/keyboard – which to me felt clunky before 2.0 – now feels very smooth and fluid.

Okay, potentially an important tip to anyone playing on PC.

I played this game during Early Access and a little after release. It always kind of ran like butt; I don’t mean really low 20fps or anything, but it just felt jittery and inconsistent. Not smooth at all. This was on a 1080, and I chalked it up to an unoptimized or just clunky game.

I just grabbed the 2.0 update and I still had the same issue, this time on a RTX 2080. I tried tweaking several graphics settings but nothing really helped, and frankly there’s not enough going on for it to feel so rough. Even just the running animation of my Psyker, it felt like there was an animation frame missing and it didn’t loop correct, like I would take a couple steps and then there’d be a slight “jerk” as it restarted the animation loop.

Anyway, point being I found a setting that said something about syncing your CPU with your GPU, and the game recommends you turn it on if you are having unexplained stuttering. I wouldn’t describe what I was experiencing as stuttering per se, but I thought it was worth a shot. It made a big difference when I turned it on, and the running animation of the Psyker is now looping correctly. I still wouldn’t describe the feel of the game as polished, but it went from aggravating to pretty decent.

In any case, if performance just feels off in any way, try turning that option on and it might help. It kind of salvaged the game for me, as playing an ARPG that feels that clunky is just not an enjoyable experience for me.

Interesting, I was getting 60fps, but it did feel off and I couldn’t put my finger on what was wrong because at times it felt fine. Others not so much. I will have to try this, thank you.

Is this you guys’ first Neocore game? :)

-Tom