Warhammer 40K: Inquisitor - Martyr

Not that I’m aware of. If there is I’m going to kick myself, because good lord do I hate going through that for every character I make.

Yes. You just need to have a level 5 or higher character of that class - then you get the option of skipping the tutorial.

Ah, that must have been it - I hit level 5 (which is easy enough to do) and got the option of skipping the rest. Thanks!

Where’s the option? Is it on character creation? Can’t believe I missed it. :)

Yeah - When you make a new character, and a have a level 5 of the same class, you will be asked if you want to skip the tutorial - In fact, its the default option.

Oooh, but it needs to be the same class to get the option to skip? That may be why I haven’t seen it, I made one of each.

Aye - its class distinct for story reasons, accordring to the developers.

The stand alone expansion for this game just came out and it’s currently 30% off, $17.49 until August 6. Actually, I don’t know why the embedded Steam page is only showing 10% off here, it shows me 30% off on their store page.

Paging @lordkosc and @BrianRubin since both of these guys apparently like Martyr with a fiery passion.

A STAND-ALONE EXPANSION

Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Prophecy is a stand-alone expansion for the grim action-RPG Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr , set in the violent 41st millennium, when the galaxy is at constant war. Purge the unclean with the most powerful agents of the Imperium!

Now you can also carry out the Emperor’s will as a Tech-Adept Inquisitor, a former acolyte of the Adeptus Mechanicus who decided to join the Holy Ordos to become one of the mightiest agents of the Imperium; combining the sacred technological mysteries with the relentless dogma of the Inquisition, he has become an unstoppable force. Or continue the unfolding saga of the Alpha Pariah with one of the original three classes introduced in Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr in a Caligari Sector slowly succumbing to madness and war.

KEY FEATURES

New class
Play as a Tech-Adept Inquisitor and summon and enhance units in battles to help you defeat enemies and complete investigations. This new summoner class comes with new unique abilities and mechanics and offers a unique skill-tree and various new melee and ranged builds.

New and Revamped Gameplay Elements
Inquisitor – Prophecy offers several features of Inquisitor – Martyr . These include 2-4 player co-op missions, destructible environments, all previous enemy races and units, and the unique gore of the Warhammer 40,000 universe. Moreover, Inquisitor – Prophecy is based on the 2.0 update for Inquisitor - Martyr , bringing the base game’s new level cap, redesigned loot system and levelling, the new end-game, the co-op campaign mode, new items and a much faster, ARPG-focused gameplay to the stand-alone expansion too.

New Campaign
The story that began in Inquisitor – Martyr continues in three new and stand-alone chapters, with one chapter solely focusing on the Tech-Adept Inquisitor investigating a great mystery which slowly ties into the unfolding plot.

New Settings
Discover sacred monasteries, perilous research sanctums, unforgiving deserts and ruthless worlds churning with molten lava.

New Enemy Races
Inquisitor – Prophecy introduces the Aeldari, including Howling Banshees, Fire Prisms, Warp Spiders and Swooping Hawks; and the Tyranids, including Carnifexes, Zoanthropes, Hormagaunts, Raveners – and many others.

Oooooh I’m really interested in this at that price. Thanks for letting us know!

Already purchased, haven’t played yet.

I will probably wait till winter sale, I still haven’t finished Martyr.

I’m waiting for the 2.0 update to release to consoles.

On their forums (or steam’s, not sure) they said we get an extra rebate if we already own the original game.

Ah. I looked in my inventory and didn’t see a coupon earlier, so I didn’t realize a special discount had been applied for me.

I thought the game was decent (only started playing after the 2.0 update) but I was done with it by the end of the story and some side missions and the expansion doesn’t seem like it has any good reason to go back. Kind of regret gobbling up the mission DLC in the summer sale, but oh well.

I got worn out by character level largely not mattering at all and everything being lazy number scaling based on level difference. Which is really just a difficulty setting since 99% of the content is set to your current level anyway.

Even though it’s a stand alone expansion, I assume you still would want to own and play Martyr first? I got an email that it was also quite cheap, at like 50% off it’s still more than the expansion though.

Dunno how it works if you only buy Prophecy. For Martyr owners, the game just subsumes the original and you keep the same desktop icon and everything, including splash screen, etc. You just get the extra character class on the Create screen and all the new stuff added in. So it’s possible that all you have to do is buy Prophecy and you’ll get all of the other classes and stories? Or not, it’s a good question.

But as to lore/story/etc., unless you’re a WH40K fan, which I sort of am, it’s disposable. I find the minute to minute ARPG stuff pretty enjoyable, and while the itemization and leveling and progression stuff is all over the map, I still have all three of the original character classes over 50 (the cap now is 100 I think?) and just started a Tech-Adept.

Nearly done with the new story line. My Tech-Adept is 33. As a pet class, it is fairly interesting, though you have rather limited control of your constructs. I’ve fiddled with both a horde build (eight or nine constructs) and a smaller contingent, and settled I think on the latter. With the three (four with a perk) melee bots, and the Kastelan Robot, with a turret on call for special occasions, and the armor that allows you to heal your constructs and give them a damage boost, it’s a manageable and pretty well balanced set up with good melee and ranged power. The Robot is super-durable, and the reserved resource requirement rarely gets in the way of using the heal ability or summoning a turret.

The game has all sorts of the glitches we’d expect from Neocore, of course. The voice acting seems either to be deliberately machine-like, in line with the Adeptus Mechanicus shtick, or more likely read by non-English native speakers. Words are stressed wrong (origins and heretic, for example in two spots), and some words are totally incorrect (subordinate when insubordinate is meant, inhabitable when uninhabitable is meant, etc.). One mission failed because an objective failed to trigger due to two things happening simultaneously. Occasionally the audio glitches and characters start to repeat the first part of their lines as their segment ends. And bodies occasionally still float in the air when you fight on elevated structures. But overall, it’s vastly more polished than Martyr was at launch (go figure).

Looks like the game is on sale this week on Xbox for $23.99, and at that price I’m pretty tempted. What’s the story now, pretty solid game? Worth the time and money? I don’t think the 2.0 update has made it to consoles yet, do I need I wait for that?

I had the same questions. And one more. They have the Imperium Edition for a little over $2 more. It seems to contain DLC items that are $2-$3 each, I’m not sure what those are, but I’m pretty sure I don’t need those. But it also includes a Season Pass. Is that standalone expansion that’s out for PC and coming to consoles soon, is that part of the season pass or not?