Warhammer Deathwatch Tyranid Invasion

In a game that strongly encourages you to move forward slowly, together and in support of each other, it seems like a really poorly thought out ability.

I believe that’s the Blood Angel version, found that out the hard way. One of my Ultramarines has a similar ability that only targets enemies in sight.

Well, seeing as the game has seen fit to make 90% of my marines blood angels, that is sadly the one i’m using.

Sigh, I’m sad my iPad 3 can’t handle this :(

I’m curious if people on an ipad air 2 are suffering from such bad load times as me on an air 1.

I’m hitting game-breaking bugs around Act 9.

1. Enemy turn never ends. Happened twice today, in different maps. Restarting app does not help. Have to abort (works like a wipe, everyone gets set to 0 xp)

2. Game crashed during enemy turn, and when I restarted it asked me to send in a report.

See my comment above about the workaround that the dev suggested.

New patch is live. (v 1.1)

Thanks Des. I tried pinching out a couple of times and it didn’t work. I’m restarting the mission again and hoping the patch fixed things.

edit: Still got hit by bug post patch. The pinch workaround worked this time thought.

If anyone is still playing this game, there is an XP exploit.

1 million xp/hour

First, farm up a nice mission like 2.1 to about 20k XP.
Right after you reveal the loot card, doubletap home and cancel the process.
Repeat. You should see accumulated XP increases.

man how long would it take to get 20k experience?

The killer gets 60 experience per tyranid drone. So 333?

hmm maybe another hour to farm the base 20k. I only farmed to 10k myself because I wanted to see if it worked. It worked :p

I don’t feel I’m robbing myself of the experience - the game is way too stingy on XP for my taste.

BTW Act 9.2 9.3 hints

Minor hint

Look at the side walls - there are passages you can go through to flank the enemy.

Yeah, i don’t feel to bad about using this stuff. I’d probably do what you did though and get a few levels/talents and stop.

The game is indeed WAY too stingy about experience.

But do you need that much xp to progress? From what I’ve read (just started the game myself), on normal you should be able to finish the campaign with just tier 1-2 marines with just a few skills and one equipment slot unlocked each. It’s when you play it on higher difficulties you’ll need the extra skills and slots (and higher tier marines), but you also get more xp on those difficulties.

Not sure, but getting nearly no experience in missions in a game with rpg like progression is annoying.

I agree it is not fun not to be able to progress and try different abilities. And then you get an ability and the person shoots his teammates. :)

Yeah, personally I feel the unlocks should have been tied to levelling up, but even so I’m really enjoying the game so far (only gotten to level 2-1 though).

My problem is simply the number of missions required to progress at all compared to how easily a space marine died is too high. A space marine can EASILY die in a single turn if you get unlucky. You can play defensively to lower the odds, but if something unexpected happens, it can be hard to avoid.

Not only do i not feel like i’m making regular, reasonable progression, but i feel like i can lose it all too easily given how much effort it takes to achieve.

So this was my xp gains from mission 2-1 (first run on normal). I don’t think it’s that bad…

It gets worse. They lower the experience you get from things. Pretty sure they cut everything in half or something along those lines.

A few chapters later most missions are below 1k. Even in really amazing missions for someone who killed TONS TONS TONS of enemies, you’re getting well under 2k.

Looks like an incoming expansion will add multiplayer (synchronously or asynchronously):

Multiplayer