Warhammer Deathwatch Tyranid Invasion

I got this the other day towards the end of act 4-1, which was annoying as I had probably spent around 30 minutes on that mission, so I don’t want to quit to the menu losing that time and XP. But, sadly, there’s no word on if they’re going to fix this or not.

Well, you can try the workaround the developer offered. Note that if you quit it is not just the mission XP but all unspent XP which is lost (ie the assumption is that your whole team died).

I’ve tried pinching 5-6 times upon loading to the enemy turn, but to no avail. And, yeah, the XP loss is why I’ve stopped playing while waiting for a fix (and I don’t want to experience the same bug again later). A shame really, since I’d been enjoying the game immensely until it happened.

Well, at least they are working on fixing it. From a developer posting on the TA forums:

I don’t have an update on when the multiplayer patch is coming. We really are working as fast as we can as we want to get it out as much as you guys want it. The patch also contains fixes for the remaining major issues; getting stuck in enemy turn, marines disappearing and missions not ending.

FYI, this is on sale right now for $2.99. I just bought it despite the issues, since I’m a sucker for 40K games.

Yeah, even with the issue I ran into, I have no problem recommending it for 3 bucks.

So I picked this up. It is basically a re-skinned version of Rodeo Games’ “Hunters” that came out a couple years back. I remember playing that and thinking - “Man, they really need the 40K license with this…”

To be fair, it’s better than “Hunters” was in terms of gear, enemies and graphics.

This.

The gameplay is well done even if the game is repetitive, the enemies are mostly samey and the mission design isn’t world shattering. I easily got more than a dozen hours out of this, just playing a few missions per night.

This game is now free on the app store