Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide

I think it just makes it worse honestly. The fisheye lens effect is more nauseating than leaving it at the default to me.

Oh, thanks about the NDA. I didn’t realize that (I probably skipped past a notice or something when I fired it up, but I just had a few minutes to play around with it so probably skipped over it. NDA’s at this stage are ludicrous anyways, but I do try to adhere to them).

@Becoming I don’t turn it up so high I get the fish eye effective, but the default FOV of 65ish makes me feel like I’m looking through a roll of toilet paper and it makes me nauseated almost instantly.

It’s not unique to this game by any means, it’s any game like that. I first really had it hit me around 2008-9 or so when PC gaming was near its nadir and about all we were getting were shoddy Xbox ports with really low fixed FOV that couldn’t be changed. Dead Island I think was the first game I ever experienced motion sickness, and unfortunately since I’d never felt it, I just tried to play through it (I just thought I was getting sick). That left me extremely nauseated for hours afterwords, and it seems to have left me more sensitive to it ever since. :(

Thats me as well, @KevinC - When I came back to The Division on Xbox, I had to play for 30-40 minutes a day only, in order to not get sick. After doing this a few days, I somehow get used to it and its not an issue. Mount & blade Warband still does this to me ,after my 600 hours in it, if I’ve been away for a while.

oh - and I preordered this as well. Dammit!

Fortunately I don’t actually get motion sick, but some games I just leave the fov alone even if I prefer at least 85 or higher.

Like recently Subnautica is a good example. Their default is 65, and I do bump it up to about 75, but much higher and animations can look wonky and part of the chest on your suit can be constantly clipping into view.

In this game if you just move the camera and watch the edges it’s a much more pronounced compression than any recent fps I can think of. After bumping it to 75 I put it back because it distorts everything so much that it just bothers me.

I can’t play games with a locked, narrow FOV without feeling ill. I check this feature before any purchase. V1 and V2 both allow you very broad adjustments in FOV, so it’s not an issue at all.

Probably not breaking the NDA to say that I had a great time with the beta tonight.

I will not be cancelling my pre-order :)

It won’t launch for me, via shortcut or steam library, doesn’t matter.

Game briefly says running in library window then nothing. No error, no launcher, no processes.

Google and their forums are failing me atm ><.

Are you launching the closed test version?

Yes, the test version.

Navigating to the app in steam/commons and trying to run the launcher there as admin produces the same behavior (nothing). Disabling AV/firewall, nothing.

Guess its refund for now, try again when it releases.

So Fatshark released a new map and update that serves as a bridge between VT1 and VT2. Haven’t tried it yet, but a nice unexpected bonus from the devs.

All the recent rat killing has brought to mind this book I used to be morbidly fascinated with as a wee lad. I wonder if the Ian Miller/80s GW gamebook ugly/intricate style of art can ever be reproduced in a 3d game.

NDA is lifted. I really, REALLY like this game.

Gotta get a Qt3 group going. Much more fun when I dont feel like i’m dragging random strangers down. Better to drag friends down instead :)

I will have time to play this finally this week!

This game feels like they made enough money off of the original to sit down and actually make this one the way they wanted the first one to look and perform.

Yeah, this game is soooooooooo good. Love the new leveling/talent system and the level design/style captures the Warhammer world perfectly.

Love how the spawns are so varied this time aroundl You never know what enemies you will be confronting.

Can’t find your steam tag in steam. McMaster maybe?

I’ve been holding off playing any more until the preorder beta this Wednesday (when progress will hopefully be saved.) Can’t wait.

It displays as McMaster, but it might be jmcmaster or jvmcmaster