Warhammer Quest: iOS

Also, Racist!

Really enjoying this. I’ve reached level 4-5. I purchased the Skaven pack midway but it appears I have to restart a campaign to see content show up?

My mage is also a buff bot. He gets 200 xp when the other party members get 2000 xp per run. Much of that seems to be from healing and buffing characters? (in the mission end screen it shows other party members as “kills” so I assume you get a minute amount like 10 xp per heal cast.)

I spent the bulk of my money on a 3000 gold longsword in the hopes he starts to get some xp. The shadow bolt is too weak to get any kills, and frankly any mana he gets is usually spent mitigating damage. Even trash would require 3 casts or so. Disappointing the spells don’t scale up.

The elf is becoming a ninja master killstealer, but the dwarf and marauder occasionally get nice berserk rolls and spike up the kills.

Things I want:

• Crash removal: It crashed 5 dungeons in a row, usually right after the endboss. I have to replay the last turn or so and reroll loot. This is specially annoying when there’s a shiny new item you’d like to use only to see it disappear to the rollback.
    -Animations off. Tapping on the ipad strains my wrists. I understand there’s a lack of screen real estate but this hiding of options is some appleesque thing I really dislike. Don’t take away options, I will smite you with my Cane of Lawnkeeping.
    -Unlikely, but an autoadvance button would be nice. A substantial amount of time is spent scrolling to the edge and moving party members towards the next room.
    -oh, also spellcasting. It would be nice to be able to hotkey 2-3 different spells that create mini icons. It’s annoying to keep switching spells with that menu, but having 2 slots (heal and an offense) would really cut down on number of clicks.

I haven’t seen any weapon skil-raising items yet. IIRC they were one of the coveted items in Warhammer Quest. Once you could hit on a 2+ it was gg.
I also don’t remember having to compete for kills in the boardgame - Gold was shared equally for any surviving members.

Question:
Do identical items stack up?

+1 power cloak and +1 power helmet?

Some times this game dishes out some cool moments. I was fighting a River Troll and some various bosses and twice my stupid mage flubbed his roll, and we ended up with masses of adds. My Ironbreaker and Marauder got down to scary levels of health before we got a handle on things, but it was a great fight. You never know when everything will hit the fan. Some fights are over in one round as a character’s special ability kicks in and the bad guys go down fast. Other fights start simple–yawn, snotlings–but escalate out of control.

I believe you can have as many plus to the same stat items as you can carry, but you can only have one cloak, one melee weapon, one hat, etc.

And that’s why I love WHQ. It’s the flubbed power rolls that make things so exciting. Although I do wish they would work out the crash bugs as often it crashes when a flubbed roll hits and new monsters spawn, but the restart is before the roll so you often avoid the really crazy moments due to crash bugs.

No they, just do a crappy job telling you how to get to the content. There should be a button in the upper-left labelled fast travel. In this screenshot you can see it in the top-left corner below the “Stirland” label and my quest status in “Stirland”. If you click on it, you’ll get an option to instantly move to the Skaven area:

They’re hoping for a patch next week helping with crashes. According to the Bad Dice Interview it sounds like they’ve got one in for Apple’s approval right now.

I haven’t seen any either, and I’m 20 hours in. You can see all the items that folks at the TouchArcade forums have found here (I haven’t gone through it sounds it seems like a bit of a spoiler, but you could look and see if there are any + Weapons SKill items).

Yes, I believe so. I was running something stacked for a while, and IIRC it seemed to work. I think I had two identical rings on at once.

To be fair, that’s not even necessary, you can do normal travel to Skaven-lands once you unlock the regular town further West…

Right, sorry I forgot to mention that the two areas are interconnected, but only at the end.

It’s not strictly speaking the wizard making that roll. If you lose the wizard or take all noncaster classes, ambushes and events still happen. And those are why they’d never do an autoadvance. You don’t want the computer positioning your units then dropping five orcs on you next turn.

Gold cost is not everything.

My dwarf has two plate armours (I guess they are half-plate?) Har har. Okay, I’ll stop.

One is Platemail (+3 toughness), 2200 gold
The other is (+3 toughness, +8 wounds), yet cost is 2000 gold.

I hate that now I know that if I game the game, it’ll still be not a quarter as good as Hunters 2.
That shit was cash and so money in a serious Laser Squad vibe.

Are they different levels of rarity? The slot system makes rarity a factor in equipment Tetris. Also, is one more versatile than the other by allowing for use by a greater variety of warrior types?

I will call my useless dwarf WHATEVER I LIKE and he will BLOODY WELL LIKE IT. If he DOES NOT LIKE IT he can START PERFORMING TO THE STANDARD OF THE REST OF THE PARTY!

:)

Actually, his ridiculous berserk skill has now been useful. It does get better from level 5.

But now my wizard has 5 more or less identical healing spells out of his 7, though. For god’s sake.

One thing the game is really missing is the social thing. I think an appeal of the original game was having this unique character you could bring to games anywhere. Like taking your best skylander round to your friend’s house. I’d love a system to trade or loan or compare heroes, like the pawns in Dragon’s Dogma.

I can’t see asynch multi would work well, because each turn is quite minor and there’s a lot of ‘walk down the corridor for three turns’ bits. Which is a shame, 'cos playing with friends was fun.

Did I understand that right? So what skills/spells you get are randomized from a larger pool of skills/spells? My level 6 wizard has four healing spells, one self-teleport, one weak aoe damaging spell and one fairly weak damaging spell that has a range of one. Are there other spells?

Here is the list of skills folks at TouchArcade.com have come up with. Looks like they have 14 Grey Wizard spells listed.

Yeah there’s a fairly large pool of spells to choose from. Occum’s Mindrazor is the one offensive spell I thought was indispensable, once I got that my Wizard was a killing machine. Honestly makes all the difference in the world.

Yeah, I can imagine. It sucks that my wizard missed that one.

Spoiler alert.

I finished the Idol of Mork quest, but it still remains on the map. I even did it a second time. It was still there. So I figured I wasn’t done, and travelled to each and every city again, including the Skaven ones. But I can’t find the next quest. Is there one? If so, where?

Same. I think that’s basically the ending.

It seems so … anticlimatic. Like there ought to be more to it than that. Where’s the fanfare?