Warhammer: Vermintide 2 - Left 4 Chaos

This game is free on Steam now, through Nov 7.

Hard to believe the game is already in its sixth year and it’s still getting new content. Excited to see what they do with the Karak Azgaraz maps from the original Vermintide. The way Fatshark blended old with new for the Castle Drachenfels maps was a real treat.

And a small teaser for Sienna’s fourth career right at the end too. Truly the game that keeps on giving.

Adventured out on a few missions today and still one of the finest co-op games that there is around. Not much surpasses the feeling of being the last person standing and saving the whole run. Had one of those moments on Righteous Stand as Warrior Priest Saltzpyre today in fact.

All three team members downed during a wave of specials and a horde. Survive that just to get swarmed by yet another horde and several specials not long after. Dodging all over the place to avoid Gutter Runners due to no ranged weapons on Warrior Priest, got several Stormvermin up in my face trying to overhead chop me at the same time, and coming out alive to rescue the team at the end of it.

Epic moments like that are hard to beat and always remind me why I enjoy this game so much. And currently 80% off on Steam for about a week and all the DLC at 50% off. With larger savings on offer for anyone interested in any of the bundle options. Which I took advantage of to acquire a bunch of DLC that I hadn’t yet bought.

What dlcs are a must? Also did they ever do anything with the main hub castle, like in terms of visual upgrades for the home base?

Looking for something to replace Deep Rock Galactic which I grew bored with this year.

DLC are technically not a must because you can play them if you join a host who have them bought.

I’d get all the DLC,at least the campaigns since they are on sale right now. “Winds of Magic” is my least favourite, and the most expensive, but it’s still OK.

While you can still join MP games even if you don’t own the content as TurinTur mentioned, the benefit of ownership is that you can play solo with a full complement of bots, that will help you learn the maps.

@Malkael I agree, Vermintide 2 is one of the finest co-op games around and one of my favourite games. I hope Darktide gets to that level too in the future.

I’ve started to buy this game so many times, but never pull the trigger…

Well technically everything is optional, as far as DLC goes. You can play pretty much almost anything (map-wise) as long as the host has the DLC. I still usually acquire everything eventually, via sales, to support Fatshark’s continual support for the game though.

If the idea of the Grail Knight, Outcast Engineer, Sister of the Thorn or Warrior Knight interest you then those DLC careers are well worth the price. A whole three dollars (Australian) for a whole new spin on an existing character? For someone like me, well worth it since I know I’ll easily make that equate to ridiculously good value.

Meanwhile, Back to Ubersreik, Winds of Magic, and Forgotten Relics will give you access to whole new weapons for Kruber, Bardin, Sienna, Victor, and Kerillian. Some of the added weapons are pretty neat but optional, often powerful but not essential. I bought them for some added weapon\moveset variety and some of the tactical options they afford, Bardin’s trollhammer torpedoes can be hilariously fun.

So, my personal order of DLC preference would be:

1. New character classes
  2. New maps\missions if hosting games
  3. New weapons
  4. Career cosmetic upgrade packs
  5. New maps\missions if not hosting games

"We’re excited to announce Sienna’s fourth career, the Necromancer, will release on Steam, Xbox One, and Playstation 4 on October 19 !

Sienna’s Necromancer career is born from a fight with her twin sister, Sofia, granting her new powers and abilities that allow her to command the dead. How, exactly, these powers were obtained by the once Bright Wizard have yet to be revealed."

Cool, a ‘pet’ class could really shake up things, in the context of a FPS like Vermintide. I guess it will be paid dlc?

Patch 5.1.0 and Sienna’s new Necromancer career are now available on Steam. Notable changes include a reduction in the game’s installation size from a touch over 100 gigabytes down to just under 59 gigabytes, the implementation of DLSS and FSR 2.2, and memory (RAM) usage improvements.

The addition of Nvidia’s DLSS does however mean that the game is now incompatible\unsupported on operating systems older than Windows 10 (i.e., Win 8.1 and below).

Going to be running events Tues for Darktide and Thurs for Vermintide 2 (PC only), You guys are all welcome to join to either run in the missions, or in the case of Vermintide to throw crap at us during the runs via Twitch. [www.harkonis.com](https://Me twitch spot)

Having played a lot of Darktide (I got 100 hours before I noticed!), and with people playing Helldivers 2 now, I wanted to play some coop too, so I decided to come back to Vermintide 2, which is older but I actually still hadn’t totally burned of it, I never got all the classes up to level 25 for example, only the Witch Hunter.

I also knew the game had got some extra free content at some point after i had stopped playing, but to my surprise, there were several new levels I hadn’t played before, not just 1 or 2. so hey, more reasons to come back!

When I started playing, I needed a bit of an adaptation period, not only the graphics aren’t as good as in Darktide, and the gunplay is notably worse, even the melee is a bit better in Darktide imo. The movement too, in VT2 still is a bit floaty/arcade feeling, it’s in Darktide is more weighty, and it gives more more immersion.

VT2 is also more difficult! Comparing both games in Veteran (2nd difficulty) I think there is an obvious difference.

Overall it seems Darktide is the better game… but despite DT winning in graphics, immersion, movement, melee and ranged combat, VT2 still have some areas where it is superior.

It has way more missions, (DT "alternative missions’ per map is so much a cost saving measure, in practical terms it’s like if the game only had six missions where 20% can change) and with bigger variety, from forgotten elven gardens to dwarven fortress to invaded city districts to snowy wastelands to war camps to dark mines to much more.
This is one of my main pet peeves still with Darktide. It makes feel the grim universe of 40K so small.

And speaking of the missions, they are long! Both games feature long missions as core model, but I think in VT2 they are slightly longer, or at least you trek more in them, walking more through different landscapes. This helps the adventure ‘feeling’ of the missions, another area where I think the games does it better, in Darktide while I play is like you only have to go to some goal, break it or fix it, or kill it, and then exit. VT2 gives more the feeling of playing an adventure with your party, advancing for in the outskirts of a forest, entering a mysterious temple, descending a cursed dungeon, etc and the finales are usually more spectacular.

The characters are also clearly better in VT2, the idea of making custom characters was an error, fixed characters with fixed voices (great voice acting) is where is at. They are so ‘larger-than-life’, the voices are so distinctive, they fit the setting perfectly.