Wasteland 30th Anniversary Edition

Just got a Fig update on the Wasteland 3 news, and buried down in the email was the reveal that Inxile will be working with Krome to release a 30th anniversary edition of the original Wasteland, in the style of the Bard’s Tale remasters released recently. Expected to be released in early 2019. That’s pretty cool!

Krome is doing a very good job with the remaster work on the BT series, FWIW.

I haven’t bought the Bard’s Tale remasters yet, but now I’m interested. I like the idea of in-game maps you can draw as you go, that’s one of my favorite things in the Etrian Odyssey games.

FWIW the BT remasters (just the first game right now) do not feature drawable maps. I wasn’t aware they were talking about adding them but they may be (I haven’t looked that closely at what’s in the pipleline beyond the second and third games). There is an auto-map but it does it’s work automagically.

There are other quality of life features, however. Some of them can be toggled off as part of “legacy mode”, to boot. E.g. the remaster features a party-based inventory with 40 slots and equipped gear does not take up a slot. This is far more generous that what the original game featured. Also when casting spells a searchable spell list comes up as you type. So you can type a word “e.g. Dragon” and the spell list will filter to any such spells (e.g. “Dragon’s Breath”). If you just type “d” all spells starting with D appear. Alternately you can go with the classic spell codes and that works.

Yeah, that’s what I meant, self-drawing maps I guess is the better way to describe it. At least I won’t have to keep up with a notebook of maps anymore.

Wow, this would be awesome. Would definitely pick this up right away.