Watchmen is rated R?

No, it’s not.[/QUOTE]
Well there it is, the argument is lost, unless somehow I can get either you or RobotPants to repeat the super spoiler without any

SPOILER WARNING

I only glanced through this thread but Dr. Manhattan’s penis dies!!!??!! Now the movie is ruined for me.

Seconding the notion that Tom should read the book before seeing the movie. For maximum possible awesomeness, blot out the last 20 years of comics and THEN read the book. I nearly had to Wayne Brady a kid in my office the other day who said “What’s the big deal about Watchmen? Everyone has stuff like that these days.” HULK SMASH.

So I guess that’s Dr. Manhattan’s Junk behind the Eiffel Tower there? You didn’t really pick a good photo to give a sense of scale on it.

My bad, I apologize. I meant to keep everything vague, but threw that bit in as an after-thought without thinking about the phrasing much–I was pretty out of it from the flu when I posted that.

It’s interesting that you guys focused on the size of the structure, and not on the sexual act that takes its name from it.

I mean, after all, this dude can apparently duplicate himself.

QVQA?

When Silk Spectre gets it on with Dr. Manhattan, is it called a Blue Man Grope?

So there’s a sex position called the eiffel tower?

An Eiffel Tower is when two unbelievably big douchebags pool their money to buy a hooker, one gets behind and one gets in front, and they actually high five about how wicked awesome this is.

I chuckled when I went back to page 1 and under the title “No explanation necessary!” Aeon has submitted and edited in an explanation. :)

I totally would’ve laughed at the joke while I was back in college, but it’s sad to think about how much useless trivia like that has left my brain. :(

POTENTIAL SPOILERS, I GUESS:

Saw the movie last night at a press screening. Yeah, you see Dr. M’s junk in a few shots, but there’s nothing outrageous about it. Also, while the movie is not a giant gorefest, it does contain a few scenes of extreme graphic violence, which would give it a hard-R regardless of anything else.

If Tom already read the book, why he is so concerned about spoilers?

extarbags, I think that by douchebags you mean totally awesome dudes. And by hooker you mean beautiful, liberated, open-minded young lady.

Seriously though I think the Eiffel Tower is like a Dirty Sanchez or a Superman: it’s probably only been done a handful of times in human history. It exists more as a thing to talk about than as an actual sex act.

As far as Watchmen goes, I’m curious about how they’re going to do the cigarette to the eyeball scene. That’s the frame I always think of when I think Watchmen.

Thanks for the mention of the extreme graphic violence. Most of the movie looks like something my wife would really enjoy, but I was worried about those certain scenes from the novel that could be pretty rough for the squeamish depending on how they adapt them to film. Sounds like it’s one to keep her away from.

I don’t think you read his post correctly.

Man, that totally flew over my head. I just saw the Eiffel Tower as the huge phallic symbol it is.

Currently has 71% on Rottentomatoes, but “cream of the crop” puts it at 14%. Wow?

That’s pretty meaningless for a movie like this, really.

Except when it wasn’t, when everyone pointed out how much critical praise Dark Knight received, and how it signaled the great arrival of the credible comic book movie.

I get the feeling steve isn’t a big comic book fan.