Webcomics that may interest only me

So this is a game or something? Fascinating.

I laughed. So hard.

That was like the comic equivalent of a typical SNL skit.

… Old SNL or new SNL?

Old, I guess: haven’t watched it in a long time, but they used to specialize in 10-minute skits with one unfunny joke presented in the first 10 seconds and nothing else but the same joke dragged out or repeated over and over again for the remaining 9:50.

I think I’m offended, somewhat.

To lighten the mood:

If it’s a long way down, then what are those spiky things?

If the tall guy was walking away in panel two, then how did the short guy get ahead of him in panel three?

Why is the tall guy’s elbow cocked in panel two? Is he elbowing the short guy, who is beyond the reach of his elbow? If so, why elbow him as if he’s joking?

Does the short guy think “Hipsters” is funny?

Those are my questions.

Well, tall guy is the one who said hipsters so I think we’d need another panel (of his buddy laughing or not) to answer the last one.

And I do hope we get such.

Reminds me of early Ninja High School; Ben Dunn used to do it all the time. Back then, I presumed it was a parody of manga sfx or something.

Comedic deconstructions of onomatopoeia need to be more assertive. “HIDE!” would be better. My all-time favorite though, involving a giant cannon being fired from an airless planetoid, was NOSOUNDINSPACE! taking up most of the panel.

XKCD’s Time finally ended recently, after 3099 frames, and now Randall Munroe has talked about it in Wired. (Via Slashdot.)

“In my comic, our civilization is long gone. Every civilization with written records has existed for less than 5,000 years; it seems optimistic to hope that the current one will last for 10,000 more,” Munroe told WIRED.

There’s a YouTube video, running 40 minutes, showing the whole thing one frame at a time.

whole beans only

full disclosure: i’m a friend of a friend of the artist

So it’s like Mary Worth, but for guys.

Wait! Before you read that one, cover up the last panel and see if you can guess what happens.

It’s Chekhov’s Narcoleptic, man. You just don’t understand dramatic necessity.

SMBC does not belong in this thread.