Welcome To Bad Voice Acting Theater

Sanctus Reach, out in a couple of weeks, looks like it could be a fine game, if they didn’t blow the entire budget on Triumph the Insult Comic Dog

I thought it sounded like Kristofer Hivju (Tormund) from Game of Thrones. Who did the voice?

This seems like it’s not great but not really toot terrible given the subject matter.

Also, and not that I really mind but rather am curious, why start a new thread instead of updating the Sanctus Reach thread?

Because I didn’t want to limit the discussion to a single game.

Can we exclude anyone from this thread who doesn’t understand the unmitigated brilliance of the Bolo Santosi voice actress?

Enjoy this delicious ear candy:

-Tom

Why, does she fall into the category of “She’s so bad that she’s good?”

That makes sense. The OP only talks about Sanctus Reach, so I didn’t pick up on that. Thanks for clarifying!

The Oscar for bad voice acting has already been handed out.

“Hope we’re not too late for warrrrrrrr.”

Also, if you put all the American voice acting back-to-back it sounds like that guy I sat behind at a NY Jets game.

ROUNDS WHO’S GOT ROUNDS I DON’T HAVE ROUNDS GIVE ME ROUNDS

That video made me hate video games.

I literally groaned out loud every time I needed to do a mission for her. So terrible.

It’s funny you bring this up since I had forgotten it. One time my friend and I tried to play the co-op campaign for Men of War. He couldn’t stand the voice acting to the point where we had to stop playing. I literally couldn’t play this game with my friend because the voice acting was so bad. And co-op was the only reason I’d bought it, so…

It’s still early, but I feel pretty confident that will be the best thing I listened to today.

I think I posted this in the union strike thread:

That was awesome, Mr. Bismarck. Basically a one-man radio play about the horrors of war.

-Tom

I always enjoyed the English Benson Cunningham from Snatcher’s MegaCD version.

“And uh… here is some money.”

But this sounds so weak now, compared to @Mr_Bismarck American soldier insanity! Just couldn’t stop laughing.

I see the brass do their briefings before they go to 24 Hour Fitness.

Damn, that makes me want to fire up Just Cause 2 again!

So, I don’t know if I’m missing the joke a bit here, but…It’s obvious that she’s doing a deliberate accent and its not just awkward delivery, right? and quite frankly, it sounds like she’s doing a pretty decent job to me? I mean, it obviously is a little exaggerated, but it’s not too far off:

Maybe I’m just missing the joke.