Welcome to the new Quarter to Three forum

Huzzah! It is done! Welcome everyone to the new forum!

Wow this thing is different. I kinda like it. And Avatars are ok if they are small like this, helps with identification ,doesn’t distract. Plus somehow my avatar from other places is imported already eventhough I did not have it on vbulletin. Hah.

I have to say…as much as I dislike this software on the desktop (and I do, quite a lot), it’s not bad at all on a tablet. The forever-scroll makes a ton more sense when I’m using a finger to push it along, and the unattractive flat design actually works pretty well when trying to find a button with your thumb.

Unfortunately, I do 75%+ of my foruming on a desktop, but I suppose I’ll have to adjust. Having separate themes for desktop and mobile would be AWEsome.

I am so glad this has happend! Good job to everyone involved.

It’s from your Gravatar profile. You must have created it some time ago.

oh yeah that is it.

Not all customization was applied. I liked the test site more for it. Stuff like that ugly weird summary below the top post was hidden.

Maybe the favicon should have changed slightly. Or this is a thing that is only neccesary on the first visit.

The text font size is smaller than the original site, or it feel that way to me.

Yay! This transition seems to have gone off much smoother than I had anticipated. So many kudos to all who were involved with that technical undertaking. It cannot have been easy I’m guessing…?

I’m sure that with time, I’ll be noticing many things I’ll miss from vBulletin, and I’ll be getting to appreciate some of the features of Discourse, but for the time being, I plan to just noodle around as usual, and try to get settled in. Overall, I’m quite optimistic. Which startles me.

The single biggest thing I miss right at this moment is the Night theme. I used it all the time, since I’m here mostly at night, and this relentless bright screen is killing me. But maybe it’s an option I just haven’t seen, as I haven’t even tried to locate any settings yet.

Check the first post FAQ here for a couple of interim workarounds until the folk behind the scenes try to work on something that might work for the site as a whole.

Also, I’m very impressed that the new software seemed to recognize my new name that I had to create. Well, not new really, since all I did was add an underscore where the space used to be. But my avatar and all my old posts are now magically under my new name.

I’m wondering how that was done. Did Discourse do that automatically, or did someone have to go through manually and set up every single person that had a space in his name? For instance, if I had instead set up my new ID as GilesHabibula or Giles_Habibula1, would it still have recognized me?

Just wondering how this was managed on a technical basis.

Thank you, sharaleo.
That probably should be my next stop before I make any further complaints!
Really excited about all this right now, so I tend to blather.

Awesome, love all the new features. Especially reading threads you have much better context who’s replying to who.

edit: reading comprehension
update: performance is great, love how snappy everything is.
update 2: mobile is great. on my tiny phone screen now, everything is readable and intuitive.
update 3: on mobile, when reading a message that has a reply, is the button to see the reply not available? I like expanding replies in the message itself, it’s great for context. I can see it works in the other direction, when reading a message, you can jump to the parent message.

Bah, I hate these modern new-fangled styles of doing forums, but I suppose it’s better for people who have those new-fangled mobile phone thingies.

Huh - not seeing that.

We migrated all the data (sans 1 week) so even if it was trivial, it really isn’t necessary.

I left the old blue boards up because they are static HTML, and weren’t migrated.

Sure! Any other useful fields people want?

I thought about that but does ANYONE really care?

Unlike most it seems, l had no issues with Tapatalk, but this looks interesting. Hopefully the font size thing can be worked out. Also it doesn’t seem possible to rotate to portrait in either mobile or desktop mode. Not a huge issue, but annoying. Anyways, thanks to Tom and his crew for keeping this forum going.

I almost forgot what you were responding to me, so a quick tip would be to press the chat button in the editor when replying. They chat button on top left will include a quote of the post you are replying too.

You didn’t see the Dismiss button?

When will suggested topics list something newer than 2011?

Nope. I see a number of buttons at the top of “Games” but no dismiss button. I just ran my mouse across all of them. What does it look like?

Steam profile name?