Welcome to the new Quarter to Three forum

Oooooh, that’s pretty cool.

Also a little scary.

What if I don’t like what Qt3 starts to suggest I read, after Qt3 gets to know me better?

the setting for:

Open all external links in a new tab

Does not work. I clicked on a link and it didn’t open up a new tab.

I’ll upload it somewhere this evening. Still needs some work, but it’s totally usable right now. Makes a big difference when browsing the desktop version of the site.

Testing testing.

Those open in new tabs for me. I specifically requested that be the default behavior.

-Tom

Yep. Those open in a new tab for me too.

Wendelius

Yeah, mine open in new tabs too. FWIW.

The difficulty I’m having is with notifications. Sussing that out is a little frustrating. I think ultimately it will pay off, because there are more options. But it’s adjusting the individual threads I was already used to getting notifications from that’s getting to me a little bit. I know I’ll sort it out, but navigating that right now is a little weird when it used to be something I could just rely upon as a part of my daily routine.

Again. It’ll work out. And I add my voice to those who have thanked everybody working on this. It means a lot that you all are working to make the site better.

-xtien

Is there a reason the bookmark and flag post buttons are hidden behind a menu? Is it to prevent misclicks? Otherwise it seems like unnecessary tidying - it’s not like they’re taking up space that would be used for something else, or to fit more posts in.

For some reason, they don’t open in new tabs for me. I mean, I usually right click > Open Link in New Tab anyway.

I’m using Firefox by the way.

And oops, I originally came in here to say ‘Wooo! New forum software!’ but got distracted by the discourse.

Also: My ø, my beautiful ø!

Wumpus obviously has it in for us Scandinavians. Make the alphabet great again!

That can be adjusted in an admin setting. Wumpus felt revealing them by default, at least at first, would cause too much visual clutter and potential confusion.

The awesome scandinavian letters or the bookmark/flag post buttons? I am confused :)

Nei, det var ikke skandinaviske bokstaver jeg snakket om. Det var Latest og at du kan gjemme Topic-er der.

We will crack your super secret code! I’ve got the latest technology to do so!

It swaps two buttons (that each do something) for one (which does nothing but reveal the hidden buttons). It doesn’t seem like a huge amount of clutter/confusion reduction.

I agree. I’m not the one making that decision, though. I recommend suggesting the change in this topic.

“Come on,” I said to Tapatalk. “You look like you could use a drink.” He nodded, wiping away tears.

So we made our way downtown to the Fora Tavern, and stepped into the dank barroom. It was dark, as usual, and shafts of light illuminated the dust and smoke in the air. Johnny, the bartender, nodded to us, then resumed wiping glasses with a ragged towel.

We found him quickly, by himself, at the end of the bar, surrounded by empty shot glasses. We approached cautiously.

vBulletin looked up, eyes reddened. “I didn’t… I didn’t think they’d really do it.”

“I know,” said Tapatalk, settling in to the neighboring barstool. “They’d discussed it for so long; I never imagined they’d actually pull the trigger.”

vBulletin shook his head. “I should have just deleted those threads. They’d never have known.” He looked up with clenched teeth. “I could have done that, you know. I had that kind of power.”

I took a step back. The two needed to commiserate. They needed their privacy.

“I remember when Quarter to Three first found me,” said vBulletin. “They said I was beautiful. I was responsive. They said I could satisfy them. I could meet their every need.”

“You did. We both did,” Tapatalk agreed. “And now—“

“Now they cast us off for some hot new thing.”

“Discourse.”

“Yup, Discourse. Flashy. Sexy. Endless scrolling!”

“Good god.” Tapatalk signaled the bartender. “Set us up, Johnny.”

I looked around the room. In the back were the oldtimers, Delphi and Prodigy, shooting pool and smoking cigars. Off to the side, Compuserve, muttering to himself over a gin and tonic. From the jukebox came an old favorite – the sound of a modem dialing in. On the walls above, portraits of the forefathers: BBS, AOL, Usenet.

Suddenly vBulletin cried out, a plaintive wail that summoned everyone’s attention. “NeoGAF still uses me. So does Something Awful! But no, I’m not good enough anymore for hoity-toity Quarter to Three!” More sobs ensued.

I walked over and placed my hand on vBulletin’s shoulder. “Just remember,” I told him, “one day Discourse will be in here too. Cast off, jilted. Distraught. Then you can console him. That day will come, trust me.” vBulletin nodded, his chin quivering with emotion.

I turned, threw the bartender a twenty spot and whispered, “Take care of ‘em, Johnny.” Then I left the dark taproom, closing the door behind me, out into the harsh afternoon sun, ready for the future.

Love it. :)

Stupid question that was probably already answered: How do I get to frontpage from the forum? The qt3eye takes me back to forum.

Hmm, they’re working now. I wonder if it took a Save Changes cycle in my preferences? Anyway, carry on!