Were you ever a goth? (edited...grammar)

An interesting sounding game. I’m on phone so unable to put a link in a word. Or I could but it’s junky.

Anyway, I’m intrigued by the time travelling and the combat.

I don’t get it?

Yes, in a past life I was a Visigoth. I have distinct memories of sacking Rome in the early 5th century. Good times man, good times.

This forum needs a “dislike” button.

76925B4C-28E7-440A-A2AF-116EA9F82AF3

That’s cool but we think we should focus on aspects of the '90s so instead of a fighter or paladin or rogue you roll a subculture. That could be a skateboarder or a goth or a dramahead or a jock.

Yes, everyone in the 90s was in an American high school.

so instead of evil/neutral/good you have Mainstream Music, Alternative Music, and Underground Music. On the other axis you have different music genres like pop-punk, hip-hop, alternative, grunge.
You end up in a dialogue with most of the characters you meet, they all have their own opinion on what was the best music genre of the '90s. When you’re recruiting D&D party members [alignment] determines whether they will respond well to you or not. Which for us, that’s consistent with what it was like living in the '90s, the pre-digital era. What subculture you belonged to, what music you liked, really determined how people treated you.

Either I’m getting old, or this is incredibly stupid.

No, but I play one on T.V.

Always was a little more of a Hill Person.

Sounds like a silly conceit, but it could be saved by great writing. Anyone taking a risk like this obviously deeply cares about the project.

Thanks for the “we’re” in the subject. That instantly promoted it to a classic Qt3 thread. Y’all just know it’s driving @wumpus fucking bonkers.

And therefore deserves our scorn.

Yeah, I think you guys are being a little dramatic. It’s obviously a little niche, but it’s a cute conceit taken to a sort of hilarious extreme.

Plus musical taste as friendship-defining alignment is probably the best analog for life growing up in the 90s as I’ve ever heard.

Wow. They’ve managed to capture everything that was stupid and boring about growing up in the 1990s.

No disrespect to Blink-182, I would consider them Mainstream Pop-Punk. But you could also have Dead Kennedys as Underground Pop-Punk.

Not to defend Blink 182, but is this a grown adult arguing over who is really punk rock? I grew out of that around age 16.

You should visit a metal-focused message board sometime.

Because the precise delineation between technical death metal, progressive death metal, and technical deathcore is of vital goddamn importance.

Seriously, how great is this fake box? (click to enlarge)

Can anyone decipher the runes? They aren’t the Ultima ones.

I know all about this! I played Brutal Legend, I’m an expert on metal genres.

It’s does’nt bother me in the slightest’s.

I didn’t realize you’d taken up writing fantasy, Jeff.

It’s even more fun with punk rock because you get to tell other people that they’re wrong on a political level when their favorite band sells out.

For my first solo playthrough, I’m maining a half-dweeb/half-nerd female Juggalette to start out to get the Busta Rhymes save bonus from my high charisma, then at level 2 dualiclass to a Hansonite for the opposite-sex Mmmbopbonus against opposing boys.

This ought to make me uber-powerful against the main opponents in middle school, Backstreet Boys, Boyz 2 Men, NSYNC, and New Kids OTB. Then once I escape from Mr. Jackelman’s social studies class without getting bullied too badly, the other dweebs or dorks will largely have been lost to bullies and boy(s/z) and I’ll ballkick the Jocks and band kidz no problem with the phat loot from all the boy(s/z) I destroyed in the beginning.

Does ne1 know if you can romance both Skylar and Heather?

I bought a The Cure greatest hits album once. My life was irrevocably changed after that.