WH40K: Chaos Gate

Did we know this was releasing May 5? Because it is.

I loved the original so much. I’ve got my fingers crossed for the remake.

I can’t believe they got Andy Serkis to do voice acting for them. That just doesn’t seem like a great use of their budget, since this isn’t a AAA game. Maybe Andy Serkis is a WH40K player like Henry Cavill and they got him on the cheap? That’s the only way that should make sense to me.

I can only think someone from the dev team has a family relationship, or maybe is friends with him.

Maybe his bolt gun is precious to him?

This is looking pretty neat. I like how criticals will give you a choice of effects. The way you can recover willpower from kills reminds me a bit of Gears Tactics.

RPS preview

So far with this one I’m still in the hmmm stage.

My weakness for 40k and the 20% off at Fanatical, have me pre-ordered and ready to go!

Pre-ordering comes with the extra loots.

5-2-2022 10-21-48 PM

I will use that hammer to smash many enemies in the face.

Same! Is it May the 5th yet?

My need to serve the Emperor grows.

Mistress, the book of demons.
Somehow I doubt that was what they were going for.

Warhammer 40K isn’t really that particular about using things correctly - as long as it sounded cool.

You can see it here, and its exactly as mentioned in WH40K lore.

Damn it, it uses Denuvo. Oh well, maybe it’ll be released on GOG one day.

Some of the discussion on Steam is about the pre-order and Twitch stuff they are doing. Mostly people are a bit miffed about the unique character you only get by paying for the ten-dollar upgrade to some deluxe edition or whatever, but there are also some items in the pre-order that people can’t decide are cosmetic or not, and some twitch drops that, ditto, folks are divided on whether they are only cosmetic. The upshot though is that many folks seem to feel the marketing strategy is really rather brazen. Probably won’t stop me from getting it if the day one reviews are good, but I am not pre-ordering it.

Don’t think the Steam link has been posted, so here it is.

RPS review:

They love it. @BrianRubin buy buy buy

So the question is: Is the extra character class worth $10? Leaning towards no. Thoughts?

I saw somewhere that he is unlockable in the normal campaign - you are only spending $10 to get him earlier.

Edit: Nope I’m wrong, it was just talking about how you get it.

The Castellan Champion Edition includes Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate - Daemonhunters, the unique playable character Castellan Garran Crowe*, and the Warhammer 40,000: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters Original Soundtrack.

*Unlocked through a timeline event in the main story campaign.

Hah I’ll see how much today’s vet visit costs first.