<subject not for the faint of heart>
The late great FDR made the famous statement "You have nothing to fear but fear itself."
I bet that doesn’t mean much for the current generation of people and wonder what your mild or crippling fears may be? Mine has changed over time as I used to be a lot braver before nearly dying a few times. That vulnerability really kicks your butt in the “I feel immortal!” department after near-death experiences. So when I think of things that really really scare me, here’s the order they pop into my mind:
1. Dying and there being no heaven, or no ability to haunt people or hang around people you love(d), or anything. Just to cease to be. That terrifies me. I was quite ill yesterday and heart arrhythmia and multiple infections made me think about all this stuff again. Made me think wayyyy too much.
2. Heights on a roller coaster. I don’t mind tall buildings, walking up stairs, elevators, or if I had to work cleaning windows 900 feet up. The roller-coaster deal is I’m afraid the belt will fail and I’ll fly out and plummet to my death or that I’ll have a breathing/heart attack while going down the first big hill at Cedar Point’s Millennium Force and they won’t have time to get proper medical to electrocute my heart chambers with a car battery to get it restarted - LOL.
3. I’m terrified of losing anyone else in my family. Sometimes I don’t think I could cope with life after that, because I love them all so dearly.
4. Claustrophobia. I loved packing myself into a tiny suitcase as a kid, but after same hospital stays that nearly killed me I became terribly, claustrophobic. When going into a MRI or CAT Scan now I shake like crazy…so much so I ask them to tie me down so I don’t mess the test up.
5. My time on this planet to have been worth nothing.
6. I’ve seen Dementia in people and it is horrible. Remembering nothing and having to be guided through your life by sticky notes that you don’t remember writing. The only positive is you could forget you saw certain movies and enjoy them for the first time every day. So could see Aliens and have the shit scared out of you the fun way! Ten do again the next day and be like, “This has to be the best movie I’ve ever seen, and I saw it today!”
7. Wasp/Hornet in the house. Eeeeeek!