What Games Are You Looking Forward To In 2022?

Tier 1 - these are the titles that I have or will pre-order and enjoy, regardless of reviews (though I would expect said reviews to be quite good given what I have seen and/or know of these titles) immediately without hesitation. I’m hyped as hell for each of these.

*Elden Ring* - Released and amazing.
*Triangle Strategy* - Released and amazing.
*Total War: Warhammer 3* - Released and solid. The campaign isn’t ideal, but now we wait for Immortal Empires.
God of War: Ragnarok
Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2
*Horizon Forbidden West* - Released and excellent. It had the bad timing to drop right before Triangle Strategy and Elden Ring so I had put it on hold for a bit, but now I’ve wrapped Elden Ring (damn near Platinuming it) I’ll get back to this.
Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope
Final Fantasy XVI
The Outer Worlds 2
Marvel’s Spider-man 2

Tier 2 - these are titles I’m interested in and will likely grab day one if I’m not in the middle of a tier 1 game at the time of launch.

Starfield
STALKER 2
Baldur’s Gate III
Salt and Sacrifice
Marvel’s Midnight Suns

Tier 3- this list includes games I think I would enjoy so I’m keeping track of them but I’ll likely want to wait for reviews/word of mouth/gameplay footage before pulling the trigger.

Metal Slug Tactics
Hollow Knight Silksong
Cursed to Golf
Dune: Spice Wars
Forspoken
*Ghostwire: Tokyo* - Looks like a fairly average game with mediocre combat. Might look into it when it’s on sale and has had some updates to address (hopefully) issues reviewers brought up.
*Tunic* - Released and seems more hardcore than I had expected/wanted. It’s getting good reviews and is still worth looking up at some point, I suspect, but it will remain in Tier 3 for now.
Company of Heroes 3
Hogwarts Legacy - Now we’ve seen gameplay from the March State of Play, I think this could actually be super cool. Keeping an eye on it.
Wizard with a Gun
*Dying Light 2* - Released and seemed somewhat janky/mediocre. Will pick it up later in the summer when things slow down and/or it goes on sale. Moved to Tier 3 for now.
*Distant Worlds 2* - Unfortunately looks to be as boring a spreadsheet simulator as DW:U. Probably pass on this, I regret the Universe purchase I made years ago already. Moved to Tier 3. I also see Brian gave up on it even, so big oof there.

That’s a lot of Tier 1 games for me. 2022 is looking real fucking good gaming wise, fellas.