What Games Are You Looking Forward To In 2024?

What’s on everyone’s list for next year? Slim pickings at the moment…

In the Valley of Gods
Starsector
Mewgenics

Wait, really? You’re trolling me, man. Aren’t you?

It gets moved a year ahead, every year until release! :P

Elder Scrolls 6!
Just kidding… That’ll be 2030.

Sob

Starsector. Hopefully.

Uh, OK i’ll bite.

Starsector isn’t being listed as a joke?

Let’s speculate.

Microsoft Studios games that might come in 2024

Avowed by Obsidian (1st person RPG in Pillars universe)
Perfect Dark reboot by The Initiative
Fable 4 by Playground
Indiana Jones game by MachineGames
Hellblade 2 by Ninja Theory
Everwild by Rare Studios
Contraband by Avalance Studios (the Just Cause folks), published by Microsoft

I’m guessing whatever The Coalition is working on (who did Gears Ultimate, Gears 4, Gears 5, Gears Tactics) might also come out in 2024, but looking at the above list, if 2024 is already so crowded for Microsoft, maybe not. Maybe they’ll get extra time to do Gears 6, or whatever they’re working on. But on the other hand, they seem to be capable of churning out more games in a shorter amount of time than most of the other studios above, so maybe Gears 6 is a better bet than the above games.

The developer of We Happy Few is also working on their next narrative based game, but I’m guessing that will take longer. Same with a couple of their other studios whose games haven’t been announced yet.

Elder Scrolls 6 will definitely not be 2024, I’m guessing 2026-2028 for that one.

Sony:

Let’s see, out of these studios, we know Spider-Man 2 from Insomniac is due out near the end of 2023, so we’ll likely see a Miles-Morales style follow up or expansion from them in 2024. I bet Housemarque will come out with another game by then too, they’re on the smaller side and Sony likely wants them to continue making smaller games. After Demon’s Souls, we know Bluepoint is working on an original game, so I’m guessing that won’t be ready yet by 2024. We know Insomniac is also working on Marvel’s Wolverine, so I’m going to guess that’s being readied for 2024. I’m guess Sucker Punch is probably working on a Ghost of Tsushima sequel maybe? I wonder if that can be ready by 2024? Will Bungie have something ready besides another Destiny 2 expansion?

Nintendo:

Metroid Prime 4
Super Mario open world game that Bowser’s Fury gave us a taste of

Activision:
Diablo IV overhaul that fixes it’s issues at launch in 2023
New Call of Duty

EA
Dragon Age IV
New Mass Effect
EA Motive’s Iron Man game
Respawn’s Star Wars FPS
Star Wars strategy game by Bitreactor led by Firaxis veteran Greg Foertsch
skate.
New Battlefield Campaign

Ubisoft
Assassin’s Creed Codenamed Red (Feudal Japan)
Prince of Persia Sands of Time Remake
Splinter Cell Remake

I’m guessing Ubisoft’s Open World Star Wars game won’t be ready by 2024, but they do have an amazing open world pipeline in some of their studios, so maybe?

I’m not convinced this is coming in 2024, but if it is it would definitely by top of my most anticipated list.

Sort of. I love it and want it to come out ASAP, but it’s being developed by one guy and has been in “early access” since 2011.

Do we know which is further along in development, Dragon Age or Mass Effect? I’m guessing we likely won’t see both of those in the same year.

Dread Wolf is further along in development. But I don’t think they’ve announced a release date yet.

Aren’t we due a Witcher 4 at some point?

Not in 2024, we’re not. :)

Isn’t the entire thread half a joke? We just arrived at 2023, so the normal thing would be to make a thread about incoming stuff in 2023. Instead, the thread is about 2024, in other words, any of those long term projects that maybe will be finished in 2024. Starsector could be one of them, as it has been stuck at 0.9.x version since… 2018!

06-serious-1562793715

No doubt, but given that Starsector has been in development for more than a decade I thought there might be the smallest outside chance those tee’ing it up were perhaps just ever so slightly serious.

Civ VII

I expect it to be at least announced in the next year

Star Citizen
That Which Sleeps 2

Unannounced Switch 2 Launch Game.

When he said early access, he truly meant it. :)

Woah. I like this idea. I hadn’t really thought about it, but March 2024 will mark the start of the 8th year of the Switch, so it’s not a bad bet that the Switch follow up will launch that year, even though the original Switch is still doing gangbusters.