What have you eaten that you really shouldn't?

Here’s a photo of me getting ready to try this recipe with a California trapdoor. Not quite as large as a huntsman, but the venom is more potent (not deadly, but supposedly quite painful.)

As far as eating things I shouldn’t. All the damn time. I try to lose weight through intermittent fasting (limit my calories to <600/day two or three times a week) and it’s amazing how quickly “Man, I just need a handful of almonds to take the edge off in the evening” turns into “I can’t believe I just ate an entire bag of popcorn, 1/4 lb of cheese slices, three bowls of cereal, and a spiced rum and soda.” Not only am I literally breaking my fast, but it’s like my brain goes into “Eat the first thing you see” mode and I get these weird and terrible combinations.

For a second I thought you had a ziplock bag of bullets there. I was thinking that you should load the gun first, then boil the spider.

Lol! Yeah, those are brass water-line fittings for some of our equipment cooling lines. I actually intended to leave this guy on the workbench with a sign on top that said “Friendly!” But, I chickened out and just let it go.

Let me know when we get out of the “Look at pictures of spiders I ate/almost ate” part.

Back when I was teaching, I found I needed a constant source of caffeine to remain sharp throughout the day, so I switched back and forth. A couple years of chain drinking coffee, then a couple years of chain drinking cola, etc. Anyway, late in my teaching career, I took to eating chocolate covered espresso beans. Very effective…

Anyway, one day between classes I went and grabbed a few beans from my desk and tossed them into my mouth, but one missed and fell on the floor. So I invoked the five second rule, grabbed what I thought was a bean – something small and brown, so it ought to have been a bean – and tossed it into my mouth.

Quite a surprise to the old taste buds, let me tell you!

The article is too short. The video is even more too shortest. More, pretty please?
I have found my Sara Palin, and she’s named Linda Rayor.

giphy

Steak. I love steak but a year and a half ago a golf ball sized tumor in my gut tried to kill me. It did a pretty good job because as I bled out in the ER I coded at some point. Luckily they got me back, topped off my blood supplies, and then opened me up and removed the tumor. 6 months ago they found colon cancer, early stage, and got it all out.

Oncologists, doctors, surgeons, they all tell me the same thing. Limit your beef intake. Cut back on nitrates (Bacon!), and processed foods. But I love steak. I lurve it. Over the last few months I’ve had a 16 oz rib eye in Dallas at Crazy 8 BBQ. Last week it was prime rib cap in the sous vide. A week before that it was prime rib, and then a prime burger. I can’t seem to quit beef.

So sorry to hear about your health issues. Hope you’re doing well now. I was a vegetarian for several years. So I know that part of what you’re going through. Going to a restaurant with friends, watching a guy eat a bacon cheeseburger… Dang. Be well, man.

What type of roaches do you get in Australia? Is it the round flying Asian roaches? I would google, but roaches do to me what spiders do to other people.

Roaches disgust me in a way that spiders do not.

You really live life on the edge don’t you? :) If I lived there it would be in the equivalent of a space station on the ground. Airlocks, decontamination, space suits the whole nine yards.

OK i googled. Man that’s some REALLY WEIRD roaches. They look like… trilobites.

I only know American, Oriental and German roaches. I hate German roaches. They are tiny and swarm which is very disgusting. Individual big roaches I can deal with.

Ok, that article says they are now in Florida.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

runs away

Huh, that red juvenile form may even be cute.

I don’t see how you can mistake that for an American roach thought. It’s much lighter color. Well, I guess it was covered in coffee… and you hadn’t had any coffee. But wow, 400 different species I guess.

I try not drink out of dark mugs anymore. I used to ash cigarettes into my mugs. Once or twice I’ve found solid things there, which I assume were little German roaches. I don’t like those.

Advion is a miracle product. Kills roaches like nothing else does.