What have you played in the weekend?

Rayman Origins (Xbox One)

I picked up a 360 digital copy of this game years and years ago. I don’t remember exactly when, but I do remember starting the game up, seeing the intro, getting pissed off about the blatant drug use in what I initially assumed would be a fun wholesome game, and angrily uninstalling and hiding the game from my collection so I’d never have to see its stupid fucking face again.

Well, I’d still be perfectly happy to leave it in my junk bin, to rot forever, but @Rock8man decided to go and start praising the game like it was actually something special. Not wanting to miss out on something purported to be this good I decided to give the game a second chance (thanks, Xbox BC). But I swear to fucking god if that stupid black-eyed opium-addicted fucking monster is going to show up in more than 1% of this game, I’m out. I have zero patience for games that try to pass shit like this off as fun and cute.

header
Crusader Kings 3 (Steam)

I’m currently running a southern Tibet campaign. Almost everybody is gay and I don’t know why. I didn’t screw with any settings (other than playing on Iron Man), but my ruler is gay. His heir is gay. The neighbors are gay. My council is gay. My champions are gay. This is making the marriage and seduction game much more complicated than my previous runs.

My initial gay ruler finally kicked the bucket, so now his gay son and asexual daughter-in-law are running the show, and they’re having issues on the baby front. I’m not giving up though. There will be a happy ruling family dynasty, dammit. And I will take over asia.

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (Switch)

The game plays at a low resolution and only half the frame rate of it’s most recent versions on PC and Playstation, so that sucks, but it was only $15. But assuming I can overcome the pixel jaggies I’m told there’s a great game under here somewhere. I will find it and report back.

I’ve only got a couple hours in the game so far, so I think I’m almost 25% of the way through the tutorial.