What have you played in the weekend?

I don’t have time to read all these threads, I have many demons to turn into loot.

I have no idea what to play this weekend. Tonight I’ve been (playing for the first time, and) bouncing between these games in my backlog:

• Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts
  • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
  • Dreamfall Chapters

But nothing sticks (for varying reasons) and I find myself tuning out and closing the games after twenty minutes or so. I have plenty of other games to choose from, on a few different platforms, but it’s possible that pushing so hard (and living and breathing) through Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and Hades recently has burned me out a little.

Maybe I just need to unwind on a farm in Stardew Valley or something.

Per Aspera
System Shock Remastered Demo
Trying to finish up Stalker SOC
Stars In Shadow

Actively trying to resist buying Shadow Empire, Valheim & Fantasy General 2

I have been playing Total War Warhammer 2. I dislike most of the Total War games for their clunkiness, amongst other things, but this one seems to mostly work for me. It reminds me a bit of HoMM2/ HoMM3 in some ways.

Oh? How so?

Moving armies around a strategic map, and tactical battles, if you want to play them out, and the fantasy setting.

Gunfire Reborn - it occupies a similar role to Slay the Spire in my gaming library ie a sub 1 hour experience which doesn’t leave me feeling like I was just wasting time.

I’ve been playing a scenario of Unity of Command 2 each morning and just got to Operation Overlord. I’ve had UoC2 for a while but it was one of those games I had to overcome the activation energy to start. I like how there is just enough things to consider and options to take, but it never becomes too complicated.

I’ve also been playing a lot of franchise more of Super Mega Baseball 3. I started at ego 50 and was struggling with the batting, even though I was over 70 on SMB2. I dropped it to 40 for hitting and left the others on 50 and started smacking the crap out of the ball. So I put it up to 45 and am still scoring tons of runs. After this season I’ll be back to 50 and see if I’m better now.

I also played some In Death Unchained and Superhot VR.

Still playing Faery Tale Adventure. Getting a bit frustrated/blocked but still too proud to look at a walkthrough. We’ll see how it goes.

The newest Dariusburst for me. Had never played any before, it’s sweet.
I’m playing it while not playing Rogue Heroes because @Chappers forbid me to but is having a better time playing Nioh 2.
Yes, I put it all out in front of everybody. This is going to be messy.

I had forgotten about the UoC sequel. I wanted to play but couldn’t on my potato mac. One for the wishlist!

I think you have the wrong person, i know not of what you speak. ;)

Wow, this is turning messier than I expected.

I’ve been trying not to play too much Valheim.

Have you played the original UoC DLC? If not, that would be a way to get some new UoC play.

So far this weekend, lots of Beat Saber because VR is phenomenal. Also, The Room VR which uses the format in clever ways in what’s essentially a series of escape room challenges with a linked narrative. Also Waltz of the Wizard is worth a mention because it disguises a challenging puzzle game in the guise of a VR toy.

Back in the real world, the only thing really has been the System Shock remastered demo. It feels like the game I remember, and I’m looking forward to the final release.

I am in-between games (can’t decide what to start) and so I have just been going back into Dark Souls 3 and putting down my summon sign at various locations. I also do a little invading but I suck at that.

Fired up Urtuk. Good 1st impressions.

Same here. My EA impressions were lukewarm, but I really enjoyed the full release.

Going a bit modern-retro today with Jeff Vogel’s new Geneforge 1 Mutagen…