What have you played in the weekend?

I seemed to have spent my time with Offworld Trading Company. No enjoyed it, but I guess I was surprised.

My weekend was No Man’s Sky with a dash of Elite Dangerous.

@legowarrior am I understanding that correctly that you didn’t enjoy playing Offworld?

Oh I did, I just wasn’t planning on playing it with my limited free time. I was hoping to get a few more hours on Pathfinder Kingmaker.

I played the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Gunfight Alpha pretty much exclusively and it was a blast. The basic gameplay is superb and has a really weighty feel for all the weapons. Everything save the basic pistol is deadly depending on range, which all seems perfectly calculated for some great gun battles. People were mostly cool, and one game in particular had me laughing like mad…

…we got our four players and one of the guys immediately asks if we can go fists only in Gunfight OSP (On Site Procurement) where that’s how you start. I said, “I’m game” and there wasn’t a reply from the other two. Turned out I was on the team of the guy that asked so in the fifteen seconds before the match started, we’re discussing whether they’ll be all in on it or not…

Counter gets to 3, 2, 1… we step out from cover and two dudes are coming at us all assholes and elbows under the walkway on docks. My teammate says something like, “Beat his ass!” and we engage in a hell of a brawl. I was laughing so hard I cried. It was so much fun!

Apparently this is similar to a Rainbow Six: Siege call of “Knives Only” that pops up in chat sometimes. It was a damn blast! I’m still grinning thinking about it. The final kill often ended with a fist to the chin. All it needed was a “KNOCK OUT!” call from an announcer. About five rounds in, we decided to goad them into trying to get onto a car on that map. The one dude stood way back and fired a shot! Yoooooo! My teammate goes, “Did he just shoot you?!” incredulously. Haha! Good times.

Anyway, Gunfight bodes well for a great Call of Duty game this fall. It is excellent.

Remnant From The Ashes.

It’s only Wednesday! Let’s not start planning for the weekend just yet.

But if I had to plan, it would be same as usual:
Rebel Galaxy when I’m upstairs and can plug in my joystick
Dark Souls 3 when I’m upstairs and have uninterrupted play time
DiRT Rally 2.0 when I’m upstairs and could get interrupted with five minutes notice
Forza 6 when I’m downstairs and the TV is free
Steamworld Dig when I’m upstairs and could get interrupted any second
Overload when I’m upstairs and feel like Dark Souls 3 is too easy.

Hmmm. Probably Chrono Trigger, for the first time. I don’t know if anyone here ever heard of it.

If I have the time and feel like it, I might play other stuff like Oxygen Not Included or No Man’s Sky or Kingdom Come Deliverance or Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. Or even Bard’s Tale IV: Director’s Cut.

But mostly Chrono Trigger, I suppose.

It’s good and it holds up. I hope you’re playing on an emulator though. I played it in 2004 on a modded Xbox. That fast-forward time button saved me a LOOOOOOOOOOT of time and frustration.

No, I’m playing the PC version they released a while ago. I tried playing a PS1(?) port on my PS3 but the loading times every time you had a battle made it nearly unplayable. The PC version plays pretty well, though, and I just made it to the End of Time. Fun stuff.

I downloaded the (supposedly very generous, about 10 hours long) demonstration of DQXI on the Switch… and I spent about 15 minutes with it, which is a record for any game whose name doesn’t being with Monsterhun and doesn’t end with Ter in the past couple of weeks.
I hired a cat named Alex. He’s got a fashion sense. I’m sure some people would appreciate it.

It’s Australia so we’re a day early, a public holiday tomorrow (Friday), and work is over in 2 hours - so it’s almost the weekend here!

So it’ll be No Man’s Sky Beyond in VR, and Astral Chain and Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution on Switch.

One of the best video games ever made, in my opinion. I did not finish it, and waited a decade after its release to try it while knowing about it the entire time. I really want to launch into what I think makes it so good, but I find it’s better to let others form their own opinions. Chrono Cross is also entertaining with a unique but very central mechanic.

I ended up binge-watching The Boys last weekend, so I guess I’ll now try to play the games I was supposed to play last weekend. Oh, and Hunt: Showdown has been released, so I need to check that out.

Heh every state is southern to you eh? :)
Ekka Day!

Astral Chain (Switch)

Friday: Astral Chain
Saturday: Astral Chain
Sunday: Astral Chain

I will be finishing Sniper 2 and finally starting out Hitman 2, and maybe also building some stuff in either Subnautica or No Man’s Sky if I get the time.

Hopefully some Dungeons & Dragons, or maybe some board games.

Yeah I’ll be mostly playing Remnant. Might start Control too.

You bought Remnant?

Is it really Souls-like?

Yep. Mine is in. I hope to play some tonight and then on Sunday and Monday. Holiday weekend!