What have you played in the weekend?

Golf (badly), some Slay the Spire because the new character has been in the news, and a bit of Spider-Man (PS4) at my buddy’s place, because I’m not really one for consoles.

Wow, very detailed impressions! Thank you.

What I read here does move the needle to purchase since I like how Jeff seemed to put some effort into streamlining and taking out some of the fussiness. I also appreciate the coupon Spiderweb deposited into my Steam account; very generous on their part.

I ended up playing some Borderlands 2

It sometimes surprises me the games I feel like playing, but it was a blast. I mean, it sucks that loot means nothing to me, but on the other hand, no grinding for loot.

What I played the most so far: Shards of Infinity, Injustice 2, and Greedfall. Go figure.

Didn’t get to do much gaming this weekend aside from a few hours of Overcooked with my daughter and some Diablo 3.

For me it was more Far Cry 2. Finally made it to the second map!
They sure hide those diamond cases well, though. I’ve only found something like 60 or so out of 221.

My weekend was consumed by Borderlands 3, my Game-of-the-Year thus far!

Second map?

Yeah, you start off in the North, and about half-way through the game, you flee South, into a completely new area of the game.

I ended up enjoying Far Cry 2 the more I played it. Once you get a good weapon and some fast travel the play ability really picks up.

Holy shit.

Hehehe, you ain’t seen nothin’ yet. There are dudes that shoot mortars and rockets at you!

argument fodder ahoy::

spoiler…
50 SingStar (2004)
49 Katamari Damacy (2004)
48 Journey (2012)
47 Dead Space (2008)
46 Limbo (2010)
45 Papers, Please (2013)
44 Forza Horizon (2012)
43 Rocket League (2015)
42 Burnout 3: Takedown (2004)
41 Overwatch (2016)
40 Gears of War 2 (2008)
39 Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 2 (2000)
38 Super Smash Bros Melee (2001)
37 Silent Hill 2 (2001)
36 Spelunky (2008)
35 Assassin’s Creed 2 (2009)
34 Batman: Arkham Asylum (2009)
33 Battlefield 1942 (2002)
32 Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (2007)
31 God of War (2018)
30 Shadow of the Colossus (2005)
29 Deus Ex (2000)
28 Wii Sports (2006)
27 Guitar Hero (2005)
26 Left 4 Dead (2008)
25 Ico (2001)
24 The Last of Us (2013)
23 The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask (2000)
22 Mario Kart 8 (2014)
21 Mass Effect 2 (2010)
20 Fortnite (2017)
19 Grand Theft Auto IV (2008)
18 Red Dead Redemption 2 (2018)
17 The Sims (2000)
16 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (2009)
15 Resident Evil 4 (2005)
14 Super Mario Odyssey (2017)
13 World of Warcraft (2004)
12 Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (2015)
11 The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (2011)
10 Bloodborne (2015)
9 BioShock (2007)
8 Portal 2 (2011)
7 Halo: Combat Evolved (2001)
6 Grand Theft Auto V (2013)
5 The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (2015)
4 Half-Life 2 (2004)
3 Dark Souls (2011)
2 Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (2017)
1 Minecraft (2009)

Are you playing all this this weekend?!

You should have posted that list in P&R because that’s where it belongs. ;)

So, this weekend I’d like to play Greedfall and Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey and perhaps Monster Hunter World, but none of those are choices if it is too hot, and everything seems to indicate it will be too hot (right now it’s not even 8 AM and it’s already 30C/86F). So probably tons of Starsector and Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana.

And, if I’m lucky, I may get to play Astral Chain this weekend. That would be pretty awesome.

Seconded.

For myself, I’m trying to feel my way through…

with limited success, but I’ve got a few more tries in me I think. It’s pretty and there’s a ton of potential there if I can just get to terms with the interface (especially the camera).

I expect I’ll also get in some co-op…

which is just too good. Some of the best co-op shooting I’ve experienced in a long time.

And if I need a quick break while I’m working, I’ll probably play a bit more…

which I’m only just learning to play. It’s definitely unique little puzzle game, though I still don’t know quite what I think of it.

Sessions is the first skateboarding sim in a long time. I’m so happy that they’ve done it well, even at the early access level (and am glad I funded it early!). It’s tough as nails, the way it should be, and I am loving how hard it is, and how good it feels, to do something just right and then tinker with the replay for just as long after landing it. Highly recommended for those that liked the EA Skate games, but keep in mind the controls are deliberately much harder.

I was traveling for a month or so when this first hit 1.0, so am just now catching up with it. It also is a joy to figure out all it’s quirks, although I can see this losing steam after “mastering” one map - not sure how much more difficult another setting will be. But that’s fine, I think it will be a Rimworld like title that I come back to for a dozen hours a quarter.

It’s good, but you know that already. The one game I can play on my potato while on the road, so still wrapping up that most recent colony before shelving it again until the itch strikes again.

Of all the lists I disagree with this surely is one of them!

I’ll continue through The Division 2’s campaign and hope to hit 30 and start climbing world tiers this weekend thanks to the Uplay+ trial. Made it to level 23 last night and it looks like there’s only a few more story missions left before things really open up.

I thought Concrete Jungle did a terrible job of explaining itself (I was a fan of their previous game Megacity, roughly based around the same concept but without all the deck building) but once, a year later, @Pod pointed me in the right direction, I really got into it.

I’ll be playing Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate for a change.
I’ll try to get through some of the terribly boring Fire Emblem battles, dreaming about DivOrSin 2.
I’ll remake Langrisser Mobile with @soondifferent and @peacedog on the forums, as we’ve been doing for the whole year it seems.
I may get Untitled Goose Game on the Switch with my coins, but I am so excited about the game I am really scared to be disappointed.

I’ll keep switching back and forth like I have been, between

Overload (nearing the end now, 4 levels to go),
Rebel Galaxy Outlaw (almost have enough money for a better shield for my Platypus),
Gears 5 (almost done with Act 1, I think, plus I’d love to do more Horde mode),
DiRT Rally 2.0 (Greece is so hard),
Forza 6 (this game sure added a lot more courses I’ve never seen before),
Borderlands 2 (because I love torturing myself in the hopes that it will get easier),
Dead Cells (I just unlocked the Cursed sword, so I’m going to die a lot).