What have you played in the weekend?

I got into AoE 2 DE Beta, so I should try some of that. Sadly, outside of saying that I got in, I won’t be able to say any more.

Also, it’s my (now) 3 years old birthday, so, got a whole weekend of doing that stuff! We are off to the Land of Little Horses!

And maybe…

So far I’ve played Dying Light, some Shadow of War, and a bit of Strange Brigade (finally hit a price I didn’t mind on Gamer’s Gate).

If anyone sees me on Steam playing Dying Light or Strange Brigade I’d be up for a bit of coop.

I was going to hammer some Asgard’s Wrath in VR but have been stuck babysitting, so instead it’s been long bouts of Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros. on the Switch.

Which is far from a bad thing!

Hopefully a spot of Planetfall.

I am tired of TW3 so I will start ATOM RPG instead.

… what is TW3? Total War 3?

The Witcher 3?

I hate it when “The” is part of an abreviation! So confusing! @Chappers did that the other day to me with TTA*.

It’s Through the Ages.

Some more Road To The Show 19 - now a major leager.

It ended up being very little Opus Magnum, and instead a lot of Surviving Mars (my little colony is growing, and now is running into the first mystery story) and a little bit of Crusader Kings 2 (the Mullahabid Sultanate, which controls all of Africa except Egypt and now all of Spain, put down a massive revolt).

In my case it was a little bit of Eliza and… that was it. I had very little gaming time this weekend for a huge variety of reasons. Hopefully I’ll get to play a bit today!

After traveling all weekend, I have today off thanks to Europe’s 15th century ‘discovery’ of North America. So naturally, more Starsector.

I had a bit of a breakthrough on my build in Din’s Legacy and having a blast again. It got real hard for a bit in the late 20s and early 30s, but I unlocked some more basic skills and found a nice weapon upgrade which doubled my health and made my DPS go up almost 3x. Now it is much more enjoyable and still difficult at times, but not dying 10 times a level anymore, heh.

I tried firing up Anomaly (the big STALKER mod ATM). It definitely builds on years of experience in STALKER mods except for the one place where it really counts: playability. Trve Cheeki Breekis may appreciate being sent out into the wilderness with shit gear and then be immediately mown down by a pack of wild dogs appearing from nowhere, but I don’t. Uninstalled.

On to ArmA Overthrow mod. Played for some hours, and it will definitely take over Antistasi’s spot in my ArmA rotation. It’s a more mature (in terms of mechanics and scripting) work that seems to “just work” more than most open-end mods out there.

Had fun for a couple of hours spinning a long-nose Dora on the ground in IL-2: BoX simply trying to taxi the fuckin thing.

After watching this video on video game maps, and after I died in my latest Strike Fighters 2 campaign, I decided to load up Sacred 2 Gold, after recalling that many people I respect here and elsewhere really like the game. Lost three delightful hours to it. What a quirky thing.

My vacation started yesterday, and I’ve got a decent amount of gaming lined up for the whole week.

My primary goal right now is to finish the Switch remake of YU-NO. At the time of writing, I’m roughly halfway done with the main game, but the half I haven’t gone through yet is less “figure out the correct series of actions to advance the plot” and more “figure out the correct series of actions and items to use to solve the current obtuse puzzle,” so we’ll see how far I get off memory and flailing around on the flowchart before I give up and turn on the in-game hint function. Ideally I’ll finish that before Wednesday…

…which is when Amazon says Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk should arrive. This is a first-person dungeon crawler from the folks behind the Disgaea series, which sounds interesting enough, but it also got quite a bit more critical acclaim in the west than you might expect from a Japanese Wizardry-like, which made me interested enough to check it out at $40. It’s also one of the only three first-person dungeon crawlers I could find on Switch, along with the apparently-mediocre The Lost Child and the decent-but-bogged-down-by-mandatory-anime-girl-rubbing-mechanics Moero Chronicle.

I’m also back into Warframe along with the rest of my clan, working on knocking out some of the stuff that was added while we were all out of the game for a few months. Besides that, I plan on playing some more Final Fantasy XIV and digging into the expansions, probably playing some stuff on the Xbox One I just bought from my kid brother, definitely playing the free 8-bit bonus game that came with YU-NO

Great game, except the usual Euro death-by-modifiers design

Tap the brakes. Gently.

Yeah well Glorious People’s Fighter Aircraft have synced tail-wheel and rudder, making them a lot easier to taxi and get off the ground without having to do /r/tippytaps

And I enjoyed motoring around in the P-38. Cranked the sound up 'cuz it was all about that bass from engines on both sides.