What have you played in the weekend?

Deep Rock Galactic (Update 28!) and some Antihero

:)

Monster Hunter World: Iceborne. Is there even anything else? ;)

There’s Astral Chain, but I haven’t gotten motivated to fire up the Switch since I got sucked into Iceborne a week ago. It’s so easy to pick up my controller while I’m sitting at my PC.

I already knocked out date night this week and have lots of plans with the family this weekend.

Tonight I’m going to cozy up with Iceborne and finish the story quests.

1846, some other board games, D&D and Into the Breach.

Monster Hunter World: Iceborne… and that should be it. Maybe a bit of The Division 2 or Control, but I find that unlikely. I’m just having way too much fun with Iceborne.

Playing my definitive Mass Effect 3 femshep playthrough.

AoW:Planetfall FTW.

I am still playing Kingdom Come Deliverance. I still suck at combat though I am getting better, I have learned to use a lockpick (put down the controller and use the KB/M). I love open worlds and while this one has me grinding more than I like to admit it is different enough to hold my attention.

Currently addicted to Steamworld Dig.

Will hopefully also find time for Elex (really liking this one!) and talk of Dragon Age recently got me to reinstall DA: Inquisition this week and give the game another chance (the Hinterlands killed my enjoyment the first play through so will do as little there as necessary). I don’t know why I do this to myself; I could easily just hit the backlog of more recent games.

Really wanted to get back to Kingdom Come but combat is kicking my ass (Elex too, but not as bad).

Going to dive deep into The Outer Worlds after failing to stick with a Fallout: New Vegas replay. Glad I did. Loving the visuals and the setting so far.

Also thinking of trying out a sci-fi city builder. Since I’m getting OW from Xbox Game Pass, that’ll probably be Frostpunk or Surviving Mars. I don’t want anything too distracting while I focus on OW, so Aow: Planetfall is on hold for now.

The game pass makes me feel like a kid in a candy store. I usually buy games I know I’ll play for a hundred hours or more. It’s exciting to try something out just cause it looked cool.

The Assembly approve of this broadcast.

Deep_rock_galactic_cover_art

Is that still in Early Access?

Only in name, its pretty much feature complete, they are just tweaking stuff.

Hearthstone (Mobile)

I am 80 games away from unlocking the 1,000-win portrait for Anduin, the dainty Priest. He’s the last of my heroes unlock the 1k portrait. Some of my other heroes are already at 2k wins, but I hate playing Priest so it’s been torture trying to finish this one up, and it’s the reason I saved him for last.

As soon as I unlock this last class portrait there will be nothing left for me to unlock in this game and I guess I’ll have to start playing for rank or something, but that would mean playing good decks, and I hate “good” decks.

Blashphemous (Switch)

I don’t know why I keep buying Metroidvanias. Ori and the Blind Forest is the only one I’ve thoroughly enjoyed in recent years, and before that it was 2014’s take on a beloved arcade game from my younger years, Strider. But aside from the fact I’ve only completed two of the things in the last ten years, I’ve probably purchased almost two dozen of them in that time. And my latest purchase is Blasphemous, a bloody, pixely, grey throwback to Sunday school.

I’m going to see if I can get a drink in this godforsaken shithole.

WCCFwolfensteinyoungblood7-410x231

Wolfenstein: Youngblood (Xbox GamePass)

I’ve been playing this game nonstop since it came to game pass. I’ve completed 51% of the campaign quests and 57% of the sidequests. I held off on buying the game at release because of all the bad reviews. That was a mistake. It turns out those negavtive reviews are all wrong.

Along with Wolf: Old Blood this is the highlight of a series bogged down with far too many half-baked, melodramatic, failed attempts at gravitas. Skip the cut-scenes and just play the game for gameplay’s sake. There’s a ton of quality gunplay here. And I am quite amused by the twins.

It’s playable and fun in single player now? No problems with brain dead AI partner or anything?

I don’t pay enough attention to her to know how brain dead she is. She adequately draws fire when I need to shoot the back of specific enemies, she’s pretty good about getting me back on my feet when I’ve been downed (unless she’s also been downed), and I find her to be invaluable for dealing with flying drones, which are honestly the only enemy type I can never stand in the Wolf games (I just don’t like wasting ammo on them).

I’m not claiming she’s smart, but I never feel held back because of her.