What have you played in the weekend?

xccs
XCOM: Chimera Squad (Steam)

I have an hour or so into the game so far and like what I see. I’m expecting to blow through several hours of the game this weekend. Word of advice to experienced XCOM players, raise the difficulty a tad when you dive in, because Normal is the new Easy by default.

Why isn’t this on console? Well, Steam will do.

Age of Wonders: Planetfall (Xbox One)

I’ve been playing a ton of this since the new Invasions expansion was announced for release next month. This time I’m delving into the cyborg race I haven’t played with much before, Assembly. Assembly and I hit it right off. I love these guys.

It’s possible that between Age of Wonders and XCOM I might just be playing a tad too much turn-based strategy this weekend.

Well, I’ve been playing lots of Grim Dawn lately, but this weekend should be mostly about XCOM: Chimera Squad, I suppose. I’ll probably play a bit of Monster Hunter World: Iceborne and the newly out-of-early-access Iratus: Lord of the Dead. And either X4: Foundations or No Man’s Sky when I need some space. ;)

For me, it’s because I never had a successful mission in XCOM. I always failed the overall mission eventually in that game, in a cascading series of failures. So it feels incomplete to go to XCOM 2 without at least doing one successful mission in XCOM. (On the other hand, XCOM 2 assumes that the humans lost in the first game, so maybe my unsuccessful attempts are a better fit for the narrative to go straight to the sequel).

OTOH, these are the reasons I don’t even own XCOM 2 yet. So it’s not even an option for me to play it yet. But maybe if I beat the original one day.

Still on my rotation of DiRT Rally 2.0, Grim Dawn, DOOM Eternal, Doom 64, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, and I’ve added a few new ones recently.

I’ve been playing more and more Thumper. Once I got past the massive hurdle of the First level, which took me a couple of years, I finished the second level in less than a week, and the third level in only 4 days.

I’ve also started playing A Plague Tale yesterday, which is really good so far.

So many good games. Not enough time.

Advertising does not usually work on me, but I had gotten an ad for Trials of Mana and thoroughly enjoyed the demo. I’ll likely be picking it up shortly and seeing what I have missed in JRPGs over the past many years.

New XCOM game? Yes please:

Updated map and a new season in PUBG:

Preparing for the sequel coming in a week or so by finishing this:

And, finally, some more grinding in season 3 of the latest CoD:

I’ll be playing Cities Skylines. This game really clicked with me a couple of weeks ago and it’s pretty much been the only thing I’ve played since. Now I’m working on a custom map for my keepers city, which I’ll start building this weekend.

Star Traders Frontiers

Mindustry!

Also been dabbling a little with Phantom Doctrine, though it’s unclear whether it will stick. Great atmosphere, regardless.

Still playing Borderlands 3.

Maybe I’ll play some XCOM: Chimera Squad I reckon. I like the new breach mechanic and the way they throw you into the action through a couple quick encounters.

Plus probably some Elder Scrolls Online and dropping in on Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Playing the best Civ game of them all – the Fall from Heaven mod for Civ 4. So, so good!

Nonstop Nioh 2 and Slay the Spire. My games of coronavirus.

All WOTC all of the time. It has really sucked me in.

Wizards of the Coast?

XCOM: War (never changes) of the Chosen

Who?

Pendragon: Fall of Roman Britain, first full game with four players. The beginner scenario, but hopefully that means we get deeper into the game soon.

1846: The Race for the Midwest via Rails18.

Mindustry - relative to Factorio, I like the timed tower defense, campaign progression and tech tree, and slightly (?) simpler economy. I also find the graphics brighter and nicer to look at then Factorio. Only up through the 4th or 5th map. I see this one holding on to me for a while.

I think of it as “less fiddly.” I particularly like not having to deal with inserter arms.